• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Mouse Surface?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wwing49

Anyone know a good one? Ratpadz GS is talked up a lot but at frozenCPU.com they ahve tons of surfaces. It is for my friends b day in feb so i dont really need the best, but they cost the same so why not?

Ratpadz is good, but it will wear out after some time. I currently have EVERGLIDE's DKT mega mat and it rocks. Cloth pad very very VERY big, works like a charm with my mx510.

I gave my parents my Everglide Gigantica since once of the rubber feet came off and ordered a Func surface1030 from SVC earlier today. It's gotten alot of good reviews from various sites I've seen so far. Newegg's out of stock but you can pick one up at alot of different places (xoxide, svc, frozencpu, etc)

Ratpadz GS all the way :D The only downside is it could be a bit bigger but if your are cramped for space ( I am) then it is awesome. I carry it around to school and work sometimes too because I miss it so much ( I have a laptop if you're wondering...... no I don't just carry a mousepad around for the heck of it :bday: ). The surface on it is excellent for optical mice. It is hard though so if you're are looking for soft this is probably a bad mousepad to buy. It is plastic though so it won't shatter like some pads.

Best would, IMO,have to be my HUGE $5.00 mouse pad I got at Frys. I have a RatPad GS but it lasted a whole 3 months.
CS mouse speed=1 :attn:
100_0925.jpg

mk1 sec letme take one
edit* um the smiles and the manage files isant working i cant post the pic... o wait i will se if u have aim or msn (if any one wants it add me to aim or msn)

Last edited:
iv got a big 99p (less than $0.5) green cloth mousemat, its actually really good

I just ordered a Ice Mat second edition, ne one have one? What do u think of it. I ordered it becuase it had great reviews and my mx500 was playing up on my wooden desk.

Firah said:
I just ordered a Ice Mat second edition, ne one have one? What do u think of it. I ordered it becuase it had great reviews and my mx500 was playing up on my wooden desk.

I thinks thats just wider than the 1st 1.
I got Icemat, good so far.

No pad - just use my optical mouse on my desk. I use a gel wrist rest though to try and prevent carpal tunnel. :)

X1g

The problem with that is your accuracy can go way down if you use a desk. I've done both and my accuracy dropped when just using my desk because the dot would "float" around every once and a while instead of going where I thought it would go.

I personally use a desk with my MX700 and i have 0 problems, mouse stays where i put it. It is some random wood desk with a thin black vynil layer on top.

My siz is using a Alienware mousepad, and that's the best one ever made by far. It's big, doesnt slide, works with both opticals and balls, extreme accuracy, does not wear out at all and it has a clip for the cable so that u can attach the cable to the mousepad which works amazing and completely gets rid of the most annoying thing of cable mouse that sometimes the cable gets stuck behind something. But I don't know if those are for sale somewhere.

It's different for everyone, and maybe I'm just used to not using a pad, but I don't have any problems racking up frags in Quake 3 and Wolfenstein Enemy Territory. :)

X1g

I use the cheap cloth one that came with my comp and I have a stack of them in case mine wears out. The only really bad mouse pads are the ones with the hard plastic surface that come with dells or other cheap computers, The surfaces comes off and screws the mouse to hell.

Back