• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Outpost 1.6 Duron/Mobo $39.99

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ordered one, now I have to find out how to enable the Durons' disabled 256k L2 cache...

I just ordered one too. Thanks, this is a good deal. I don't know what I'll use it for though, but I'll think of something.

I downloaded the manual and there are no real overclocking options.

But it should be fine for my kids to use and as a backup.

One thing I have learned about the mobo is that PCChips ships the boards with the CMOS jumper in the Clear CMOS position- lotsa folks haven't checked and end up RMAing the board.

You know what? I'll have to order another. I have a friend in mind who runs two computers at his house, a 733Mhz PIII and a (get this) 90Mhz pentium.

MassiveOverkill said:
I ordered one too. Anyone know if it's possible to unlock the extra cache on these puppies?
Nope.

I bought a few of these to upgrade some systems a friend had in his business. This one was surplus to our needs.

I love the phony excuse.

Quailane said:
You know what? I'll have to order another. I have a friend in mind who runs two computers at his house, a 733Mhz PIII and a (get this) 90Mhz pentium.

Let us know how it goes. I'd like to see if they're really enforcing the 1 per household limit.

You can get this deal at local Fry's stores, Fry's have this deal before Xmax!

I am for sure Fry's never ran out off this CPU and even the mobo too!
Most of the CPU have newer date code, most of them are 0436! They are new! AMD still making Duron 1.6? For Fry's only?

DrSlinky said:
Let us know how it goes. I'd like to see if they're really enforcing the 1 per household limit.

Well, I ordered one at my mom's house yesterday, and I just got my dad to buy one at his house after I gave him $50 in cash.

Back