• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FOLDING CONTEST! Half-Life 2 Giveaway (For new folders) 10 runner up prizes as well

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
FOLDING CONTEST! Half-Life 2 Giveaway (For new folders) 10 runner up prizes as well

FOLDING CONTEST! Half-Life 2 Giveaway (For new folders) 10 runner up prizes as well.

• The Rules: This is an incentive for new folders to sign up for Team32. You must sign up for Team 32 and fold one unit by 12/28/04
  • One entry per person, anyone found entering twice will be disqualified
  • Send an e-mail to Silversinksam with your Overclockers.com Forum aliase and your Team32 name.
  • The grand prize Winner of the Half-Life 2 will be notified on 12/29/04 and they will be sent via e-mail the activation code. Said Winner must activate the code by 12/31/04
  • 10 Runner up winners will recieve a Gmail invite.
  • The winners will be randomly selected

orion25 was gracious enough to sponsor this contest, so he's a good bloke in my book. To all that enter into this contest, WELCOME TO TEAM32 :)

Woohoo, Thanks SSS!
Hmmm, I think I'm disqualified cause I turned in 2 work units a few months back.

Oh well, I have no need for an incentive :D

This is a great deal. But shouldn't it be like you have to complete 10wu's instead of just one and let's say by the 1st of the yr or so?

Also could this be posted in cyber deal's or maybe the gaming section?

jonspd said:
This is a great deal. But shouldn't it be like you have to complete 10wu's instead of just one and let's say by the 1st of the yr or so?

The problem is that the Activation Code expires on 12/31/2004.

It should be on the front page, OC Home , later this afternoon.

Last edited:
AHHHH

Well We have droped about 10K day avg sence I left a week ago so maybe this will help us get back up there.

Would it be OK to put this, say... on OFFTOPIC.COM as an incentive for them to join us? Even if 500 of them fold one WU for us... that's still 500 :)

If they learn that there is more to folding than free stuff along the way... so be it :)

jonspd said:

If you want to post in those sections with a link to this thread that's fine by me. Any Mod that bickers that it's in multiple sections of the forums I will beat with a wet noodle. :bday:

Clean_Baldy said:
Would it be OK to put this, say... on OFFTOPIC.COM as an incentive for them to join us? Even if 500 of them fold one WU for us... that's still 500 :)

If they learn that there is more to folding than free stuff along the way... so be it :)

I'd prefer if you didn't, we don't like them doing that here, so we shouldn't do as they have done.

I decided you were right, and deleted my entire Folding message from Offtopic.com.

It seemed like a good idea, but you're right. If everybody did that, their site would be filled with people plugging their sites.

Maybe I'll go into ontopic and post something general about folding, and see if any interest comes up. And then I'll PM people telling them about our site, and how we're technologically ahead of the other teams with our one-click install, and our knowledge :)

Silversinksam said:
If you want to post in those sections with a link to this thread that's fine by me. Any Mod that bickers that it's in multiple sections of the forums I will beat with a wet noodle. :bday:

MOD's prepare to get beat by SSS's wet noodle :clap:

P.S. I'am sure it will be more like member's:D

Jonspd

Nice Sam, I can aslo contribute invites to the total - I can make that 20 runner up invites, if participants and SSS are interested in more than those 10.

I don't believe I'm eligible. I folded for a while back in 2002. However, that has not stopped me from putting FAH on my machines this evening, for a total of 7.8 Ghz currently, and up to 8.5 Ghz once the linux box is folding.

I have some various hardware laying around, I'm thinking I may be able to add another 1.5 Ghz to that in the near future. :)

Here I come... :attn:

just signed up today....dont really need the game or a gift, just want to put the comp to some use. ever since i got outta seti, it just sits here. :p i havent fully read up on the whole process yet, but im def goin to. o yeah, my name for team 32 is UbErBob....dont ask.

Falco: Yes! It's working!

As of 9PM EST according to EOC stats, we have 722 active USERS. This doesn't take into account the MASSIVE borgs some of us have.

Also, and probably more imporantly:

We are OUTPRODUCING OCAU by 4,000 points on the week, and about 11,000 ON THE DAY

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!
Fold on!

-Fyber

Back