• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

If you are having Winchester stability issues POST HERE!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sentential

Contributing Member
Guys I need your help on this. There seems to be a significant pattern between Korean nforce 3 chipsets and god aweful stability when using Winchester cores. Here are the following people who have reported it:

Sentential (Myself)
Suma
Steven4563

If anyone has a Korean Nforce 3 Post here plz! All VIA are welcome as well. Perhaps we can get to the bottom of this:

Here is what the Korean NF3U looks like (curtesy of Suma) <taken from a K8N Neo2>

Suma.jpg

<im gonna post mine as soon as i find a digi cam>

Last edited:
tell me about it ive had enuff i cant even get prime95 to run at stock speeds

i think im gonna take this pos back :mad: :(

EDIT: ive got the exactly the same chipset and box codes as sumas :(

Last edited:
For MSI K8N Neo2, I heard (could be incomplete info) if the board serial number starts with K0410xxxxx, K0411xxxxx will ensure a more recent, better chipset after 0438A2, 0439A2.

That is, look for board with serial number at least or larger than either K0410xxxxx or K0411xxxxx. If one can remove the chipset heat sink, look for number after 0438A2, 0439A2, i.e. after 0438 (week ?), regardless whether it is from Taiwan or Korea.

So from the picture of the first post,
the board starts with K0409xxxxx which is less than the above suggested number of K0410xxxxx, and
the chipset starts with 0421A2 which is less than 0438A2.

So post these two information also if possible.

Last edited:
just to let ya'll know, this is the chip/mobo NewEgg sent me last week...
(Your Sales Order Date is:12/6/2004)
Box S/N: KO410090944

GOOD LUCK!!

PS havent hooked it up yet...

Attachments

• MSI NB chip.jpg
    MSI NB chip.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 589
Last edited:
Well, my pal just got an 0411 board, his chipset is Korean with 0443 A2.
He'll be running a FX-55 I'll post his findings as soon as he get's his CPU.

Anyways, we have to find the differences between the Taiwans and the Koreans to understand the problem we're facing. That's my opnion atleast.

Suma.

Joe Camel said:
just to let ya'll know, this is the chip/mobo NewEgg sent me last week...
(Your Sales Order Date is:12/6/2004)
Box S/N: KO410090944

GOOD LUCK!!

PS havent hooked it up yet...

You are one lucky SOB, this board should be KICKASS!
post your results when you get it to work.

Suma.

:D i just got my board to prime on stock settings :D its been going for about 45 mins now but before it would error within 10mins

all i did was move my ram to slots 1&2 under my XP-120 :eek:

Yea, slots 3&4 are known to do problems.
Always use 1&2 (closest to the CPU).

btw Steven4563,
do you think your problems are FSB-wise or MHz-wise?

Suma.

Steven4563 said:
:D i just got my board to prime on stock settings :D its been going for about 45 mins now but before it would error within 10mins

all i did was move my ram to slots 1&2 under my XP-120 :eek:

well, alot of (stock) testing has failed after 3-5 hours, so keep going ;)

how the heck did you get your ram UNDER a xp-120?!! i know it can be done but DAMN, it aint easy!

i just setup this mobo with the 3500 Winnie (installing windows..) and i had a xp-120 on at first, but it was SUCH a cluster-F on BOTH sides of that thing (ill post pics soon...) i took it off. couldnt get my x800 with a Zalman (dual H. pipe) to come ANYWHERE close to fitting in the AGP slot...top HS hit the pipes of the xp120 BAD!

running a thermalTAKE HSF:rolleyes: for now...

np taking LOTS of pics...

*SORRY* Sent, ill start a new thread so we can keep this one "on track"...

ill put a link here (will edit) HERE is the link

(SUMA, lots of my pics in the Xtreme link...)

Last edited:
LOL joe it took me about 20mins to try and fit it in it wasnt easy im dreading when i get better ram :(

when i can get a digi cam ill take some pics of my board and that for this thread ill kick the koreans arse tomorrow lol ;):D

Back