• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just built my first chiller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Myhre

Just got done building my first water chiller. Turned out nicely. I've only run it so far for about 15 minutes but I got down to around 36F. I'm going to have to try and make a smaller more feasable unit.

DSC00454.JPG

Project Walkthrough

Last edited:
thats..just pure sick. just sick.

so ..6 hours.. wow. i wonder if i can ever make something like that? ...

talks to self "ahh james forget it ..your worthless and never going to have temps below 30"

hey btw ..whats the code for the °??

L337 M33P said:
You got 6°C with no thermal paste on a Prescott at 1.6V

:eek:

That's some serious chilling

Actually I got -4C on a Northy without any thermal paste. I tested my northy out last night and clocked it 300mhz faster than it had ever clocked before. It's stable at 250fsb as long as the temps are under 40F.

I went ahead and ran it today with thermal compound on it. I got some nice results.
Temps under full load -6C
Temp.JPG

Temps at idle -11C
Temp2.JPG

The above temps were recorded at 3.75mhz. I was able to push the chip a little further today.

tempcpu.JPG

thats awesome! How much did it cost you to make?

Id love to do something like that, but im worried about condensation and dripping... I would go with a safer root... one of the premade phase changing coolers...

Great work!

Vio1 said:
thats awesome! How much did it cost you to make?

Id love to do something like that, but im worried about condensation and dripping... I would go with a safer root... one of the premade phase changing coolers...

Great work!
it would be nice to have a guarantee against condensation ;)

Lookin good man! now that I think of it, I bet you dont even need thermal paste like that when its using frozen water as the thermal paste. It would only be a problem if you shut it off or insulated. All of your thermal water would drain off and you would have nothing.
I beleve water has better thermal properties than the paste, I bet that helps a lot.

Jon

yeah arnt you woried about condensation? you should probably get some neoprene or something and insulate the tubing or something

Back