• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What are recommended 120mm case fans?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ïß®äHïM

Registered
Been planning to have the space in front of my case cut out for a 120mm fan as intake.

What are some gd brands/models of 120mm fans, looking at CFM/dBa produced. Got a tornado on my HS, not sure if it's wise to add a Delta in front for more noise.. :-/

It depends on your case, some can fit 38mm thick fans, while others only take 25mm fans. I was going to use a 120mm panaflo, and actually did use it for a while mounted on the outside of the case, but I have an evercool aluminum in now because the panaflo wouldn't fit. I would suggest panaflo or the forum favorite, Sanyo Denki 120x38mm unless they don't fit.

This is where most people here get their Sanyo Denki 120mm fans, and at $4.99 you are stealing this as they retail for $29.99 Each

The Sellers name is Gary and he's a very nice guy and has sold hundreds of these fans to our members. His $6.90 Shipping price is for one or as many fans as you buy.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=26216&item=3851123663&rd=1

PS This is an awesome fan, we allowed this seller to sell them in our Classified section as well for people that have 100 posts ;)

d5_1.JPG

Last edited:
I bought five of the Sanyos, and they are everything people have made them out to be. They actually seem a little quiter than the rating might suggest.

Either way, the noise is all wind turbulance...no annoying motor noise.

Went to searched for the Sanyo Denkis due to the overwhelming response for it. Unfortunately, can't find it locally, and i'm not really keen on purchasing it on Ebay. (But thanks for the link tho.)

Saw several other brands of fans, what do u guys think of this CM LED fan?

Silversinksam said:
This is where most people here get their Sanyo Denki 120mm fans, and at $4.99 you are stealing this as they retail for $29.99 Each

The Sellers name is Gary and he's a very nice guy and has sold hundreds of these fans to our members. His $6.90 Shipping price is for one or as many fans as you buy.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=26216&item=3851123663&rd=1

PS This is an awesome fan, we allowed this seller to sell them in our Classified section as well for people that have 100 posts ;)

d5_1.JPG

this is the fan to use...
just got 4 off ebay, wish I ordered 8 now
:)

great cfm at 39db, hi pressure

Just got my 6 in today! I ordered it on the 11/10 and it arrived at my door step this morning! I bought these and a vantec nexus 305 from newegg. Once again thanks to everyone here for the great help and support!

Paul

ïß®äHïM said:
Went to searched for the Sanyo Denkis due to the overwhelming response for it. Unfortunately, can't find it locally, and i'm not really keen on purchasing it on Ebay. (But thanks for the link tho.)

Saw several other brands of fans, what do u guys think of this CM LED fan?

those look crappy.. they dont even 50cfm for a 120??? get the thermaltak LED fans... i just got one and it's pretty nice.

not sure if I have room for the 38mm thick fans. has anyone tried the fans on the MPJA sight they are cheap and I could order the resistors and stuff to quiet them with together. o the heck with it ordered 8 sanyo's. thanks guys

Last edited:
hrm, could someone help me with my delima...
I want QUIET without getting horrid performance from 7v cheepo 80mm fans, so im going to mod my case to accept 1 front 120, 1 side 120, one back 120 and 1 top 80 (from 1 side 80, 2 front 80s and 2 back 80s)

My top choice right now is TT Thunderblades (i hate the company too, but i have seen these personally and they seem awesome)

Other options that im considering:
Sanyo Denki (couple of questions: is the shipping 6 bux per fan or 6 bux per lot of 4? And are they sold individualy or in lots of 4 (the 5 bux pricetag)
Panaflow M1

Price is a consideration

Its $6 for how ever many you order...flat rate. So, its $6 for 1 or 100.

Anyways, the Cooler Master fans that were listed above are the quitest fans I have ever heard...or should I say not heard. I bought one just to get a quit fan and its abosolutely silent. It does not move much more air than a powerful 80mm, but if silence is what you are after than go for them. (I am buying two more to use in my case as they are so quit). They are $8 at Directron.

The Thunderblades are not as quit as they are rated. However, if you have experience with them then go for it.

I did a back to back comparo of the Cooler Master and one of my Sanyo's. The sound is night and day, but there is no comparison in performance. The Sanyo's can literally blow the Cooler Masters to a stop :p. However the Sanyo's at 12 volts are pretty loud (39 db as apose to 23 for the Cooler Master). I ran the Sanyo at 7 volts and it was a tad louder than the CM, but blew more air.

Back