• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Mouse do you use for Gaming Poll

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What mouse do you use for gaming

• Logitech MX500 or MX510

Votes: 235 32.2%
  • Microsoft Optical tilting mouse

Votes: 69 9.5%
  • Wireless Logitech MX1000 or MX700

Votes: 186 25.5%
  • Wireless Microsoft Optical mouse

Votes: 46 6.3%
  • Razor Boomslang

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • Razor Viper

Votes: 37 5.1%
  • Logitech Rollerball

• Microsoft Rollerball

• Plain Jane No Name Optical mouse (Corded or Wireless)

Votes: 90 12.3%
  • Plane Jane No Name Standard BALL Mouse.

Votes: 17 2.3%
  • Trackball of somesort.

Votes: 26 3.6%

• Total voters

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
Since a person in this thread insinuated that I shouldn't be using a Computer because I use a MX510 mouse and I like a mouse with more than The Razor Viper's Right mouse button, Left mouse buton and a scroll wheel when gaming, I decided to start a poll and see what mouse you all prefer to use when gaming. :-/

PS I Use a Mx510 with a Belkin N52 and I don't use the keyboard when I'm gaming.

Last edited:
mx510 baby!!! I love all its buttons, the shape, and great sensitivity... Although I guess since I use that mouse I hold it like a little 5 year old. According to that thread.

DaMobster said:
mx510 baby!!! I love all its buttons, the shape, and great sensitivity... Although I guess since I use that mouse I hold it like a little 5 year old. According to that thread.

No, According to that thread we shouldn't be using a computer let alone be allowed to game :cool: :santa:

MX510. The Razer seems nice, and I prefer that shape more, but I'm not paying $60 CDN for a 3 button mouse ($70 for the Diamondback). The MX510 hurt my hand a little, but it was fine once I got used to it, and now I can't live without the back/forward buttons.
Too bad my corded USB ball mouse broke, I would probably be still using that if it hadn't.

We all know how this will come out because the majority of the forum uses the MX series because they're more famous than the razer.

But since you can not understand proper English, then I guess you really shouldn't be using a computer :p

I did not say that if you used an MX you can not use a computer. I said this:

myself said:
If you're too lazy to click the back button on your web browser, then you shouldn't be using the computer. Sure it can have more buttons, but it doesn't. And we can't do anything about it utnil the new razer product comes out.

Most people nowadays use a mouse to open up different appications and folders. This requires moving your mouse over the appropriate location and clicking the button. If you are too lazy to do that, you should not be using a computer.

Also, I didn't mean it literally. Of course you can use a computer. It's your choice and what I say can hardly affect you. You choose whatever you want. What I reallly meant was that the extra buttons, while convinient to have, are not the most important factor in choosing a mouse. It's rather a personal preference.

To "contribute" to this thread, I would like to say that I support the viper. 1000dpi, comfortable grip and amazing design just do it for me. I have tried the MX510 just for a brief period of time and I am more satisfied with the experience I've had with the viper.

Last edited:
why do you think the MX series is more popular? are you implying that a majority don't know any better than to buy into marketing BS?

bobmanfoo said:
why do you think the MX series is more popular? are you implying that a majority don't know any better than to buy into marketing BS?

No, the MX have been around for a while as optical mice. Razers were all ball mice and weren't that popular at the time. With the creation of the viper though, many people remebered about razer again. The MX series have simply been out for a longer period of time and they have earned a very good reputation, which IMO, they truly deserve.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the viper owns all and everything else sucks. They are all good mice and it's up to people's personal preferences to decide on which one to get.

i sort of disagree with the name of this thread, i dont do "gaming". producitivity is the game here. less effort to move the cursor means greater effeciency which means you should use your fingers to move the cursor, not your entire hand. i dont care which mouse you use, just please dont use your entire hand, it is so grossly ineffecient

i use (and have used for a long time)

microsoft intellimouse explorers (gotten 3 different versions over the years)

they work great, relatively inexpensive, and the extra buttons are great

i think peripheals are the best things microsoft makes , i wouldnt use anything else

danman81 said:
i sort of disagree with the name of this thread, i dont do "gaming". producitivity is the game here. less effort to move the cursor means greater effeciency which means you should use your fingers to move the cursor, not your entire hand. i dont care which mouse you use, just please dont use your entire hand, it is so grossly ineffecient

lol, u are talking about ineffeciency? my post from the other thread...
bobmanfoo said:
i don't see ur point. are you saying the extra buttons are not useful? how about when you are crouching/proning diagonally and you want to reload, switch to last used weapon, switch weapons, use voice command, or other actions? crouch/proning diagonally requires 3 out of the 4 useful fingers leaving one to perform other tasks. on top of that, the buttons you have access to are dependent on the direction you are moving.
on a different note, what about web and windows browsing? do you still use the back/foward buttons in the toolbar or do you keep your hand on the keyboard to hit alt + back/forth arrows? i consider the back and foward buttons on the mouse a must. i also find the scroll buttons very useful, even on my 21" @ 1600x1200 scrolling through long pages and documents with just the wheel at 3 lines per click is a pain, using the scroll button at 6 lines per click or hold in for superfast scrolling surely beats turning the wheel XX times. i currently use the multitask button as double click, i used to use it for jumping between two applications.
its not hard for me to accept the fact that i spent $$ on the viper and got owned my Razer. just a lesson learned

bobmanfoo said:

yea, i saw that... im not saying buttons arent usefull. the more buttons the better, sure, probablly the only bad thing about the razer viper. im talking about THE WAY YOU HOLD THE MOUSE. the shape of the viper is perfect for finger tip control cuase thats what it was made for. i dont like big clucky mice, period.

None of you can say anything until you've tried a Razer Viper, Boomslag, and in Novemeber the Diamondback.

bobmanfoo said:

and yes, i use the keyboard for most things, like back and forward. my keyboard has back and forward browser buttons. wheel click is set for windows explorer

I've just got a Microsoft Intellimous Explorer (PS/2, optical, wired)- works fine for my gaming (mostly starcraft, RPGs, and a few FPSes).

Blazin Trav said:
None of you can say anything until you've tried a Razer Viper, Boomslag, and in Novemeber the Diamondback.

agreed. and ive also tried many logitec mice and ms mice, just go to the local pc store

Back