• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sl7e5 Vs Sl7kc: The New 3.2e D0 War!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

danman81

lets have a shoot out because i suprisingly did not get a very good response to my previous post on a similar topic. which version of the 3.2E d0 stepping is better of these two? my vote is for the sl7e5 just becuase of a previous post or two regarding this by other people. anyone wanna disagree with me?

also, if you are posting your experience PLEASE PLEASE post which online or offline retailer it was purchased at so future buyers can use this info. thank you world!

UPDATE: THE WAR IS OVER! THE WAR IS OVER!! (keep reading, we have a winner)

Last edited:
I Vote SL7E5 Costa Rica... it Boots at auto V-Core 250 FSB 4Ghz (Fry's San Marcos CAlifornia OEM Version 229.00) I think most of the OEMS are SL7E5 all of the boxed ones i saw are SL7KC or SL7B8

looks like two votes for the Sl7e5 and zero for the Sl7kc thus far. also looks like all you sl7kc owners out there are gonna have to tell us why.

newegg sells both retail and oem versions of the 3.2E. i was going to buy retail buy now i should get the oem version to get better OVERCLOCKS: THE NEXT HOLY GRAIL OF COMPUTING! :attn:

Not trying to get offtopic but I just got a SL7B8 C0 stepping from Newegg last week and I was disappointed, until I tried it out!! I am at 280FSB 1:1 14multi at 1.475 vcore. I can get into windows but haven't tried for stability at 288FSB at 1.525 vcore. I think I will leave it at 280 because I can run my ram at 1:1 and the vcore is below 1.5 for 24/7 use. Sandra scores are around 6600. :clap:

probably sl7e5 will overclock better although I wouldnot look for one, If you really want to overclock 3.0E SL7E4 d0 will be better choice since you can achieve better FSb which matter while mhz not that much

actually you can get a better FSB with the 3.2e. you can drop the multi down to 14x if you like, like ed.howell did. just go back to an older bios untill abit/asus come up with a new bios that lets you pick.

I'm wondering why upgrade to a few more MHz when the 478's are being phased out? Lets say 500Mhz+, add the cost of a 3.2E chip ($229) and that tallies up to a big dent in your pocket for a few meazly MHz oc? :rolleyes:

Not the equation I was looking for. Unless of course you have a 2.4-2.6c chip ( like i had) and want to spend that much money, then you really have to think it over and see if the much money spent is worth the upgrade.

I was fortunate enough to swap my 2.6C (malay) which got me 3.6Ghz with 1.55v to a 3.0E. Plus i got $25 xtra just for my "troubles" on the swap. That's what I call an upgrade.

<slightly OT>

H***, I wasn't even aware of the release of the SLZE5's! Had to look 'em up in the Intel 'spec finder'. :rolleyes:

I was all set to get an SL7KC, 'till now, but I'm partial to Costa Rican chips; If that's what the SL7E5's really are (like my MUCH revered SL6Z5 'MO'). ;)

Looks like most Pressies seem to be moving to D0, from here on in (generally speaking - pls don't kill me with every detail of a non-D0 find; I realize there's going to be exceptions).

FWIW - The originally assigned sSpecs for the C0 to D0 change, as specified in the PCN, were listed as SL7E.x.

ref: PCN 103854 - 01

The above referenced PCN actually acts as a cumulative addendum to the original, and adds the 2.8A to the original PCN, while also referencing the original PCN. For some reason, the original PCN doesn't come up, so I believe it's possible Intel just keeps the latest PCN rev available, since it's an inclusive doc anyway, and they can avoid redundancy.

Just a guess, on my part.

</end slightly OT>

Strat

Sl7kc

I have two SL7KC's coming this week so I will post some results.

musk

meionm said:
probably sl7e5 will overclock better although I wouldnot look for one

'umm.. thank for your very much for your response, however, this just seems sort of like a contradictory statement.

GigaHertzAddict said:
I have the Sl7kc @ 3.7GHz 1.4v. My temp is 58Full load. If I cool it better I might hit 3.75 or more who knowns.

thanks for your response. so far, nothing amazing has been posted for the sl7kc. also no votes for it either. i really think all future buyers should do what they can to obtain the sl7e5 becuase it overclocks better, noticablly.

please tell me if you disagree with me! the sl7e5 dominates over the sl7kc! i beleive right now the matter is more of where to find this holy grail.

here is what i see about this: newegg has retail and oem versions. the retail i beleive is known to be the sl7kc. the oem version might be the sl7e5 (not to mention cheaper) BUT i have not yet received any reports of this. can ANYONE confirm the oem 3.2E chip from newegg?

and finally, here is a blow up of the picture they have for the oem newegg chip, you can just make out the Sl7e5:

Attachments

• 3.2e.JPG
    3.2e.JPG
    6.2 KB · Views: 6,216
Nice that you put in the effort to bring us the Newegg pic.

Thx.

Unfortuanately, ir's still luck-of-the-draw, since pics aren't necessarily accurately representative of a given product, particuliarly cpu's. Look at the guy that just recently got a C0 from the egg!

It DOES show, though, that they DO, or DID, have the product available, at the time of the pic. A good 'start', IMO.

We need a place that'll physically check stock, and hand-pick, if someone can come up with one. 'Course we'll also probably pay a 'premium' for the privlege, but I think it's worth it. That's how I got my 'MO' (Azzo Computer), and to me, it was worth the extra 25 bux, or so, to get a real zinger! :D

Strat

id say there about at least a 50% chance from new egg. never buy the retail from them though becuase 1. you dont need the stock cooler and 2. sl7e5.

and is there ANYONE OUT THERE who knows where to get the sl7e5 and is sure of it?

...tick....tick....tick.............

i havn't heard anything yet thats for sure... i may take my chances with newegg and ill let you all know how it goes.

There is a fairly recent thread about someone ordering a 3.2E from newegg and getting an older C0 stepping.

If you do a search on SL7KC, you will see that several people got very good results from them.

It's been prove before that the pic newegg posts don't always mean that's the CPU you get.

batboy said:
There is a fairly recent thread about someone ordering a 3.2E from newegg and getting an older C0 stepping.

If you do a search on SL7KC, you will see that several people got very good results from them.

It's been prove before that the pic newegg posts don't always mean that's the CPU you get.

i saw that too, but wasn't that the retail version for the c0? even more reason to get the oem

i believe it was batboy, but thanks for your input...

ed.howell said:
Not trying to get offtopic but I just got a SL7B8 C0 stepping from Newegg last week and I was disappointed, until I tried it out!! I am at 280FSB 1:1 14multi at 1.475 vcore. I can get into windows but haven't tried for stability at 288FSB at 1.525 vcore. I think I will leave it at 280 because I can run my ram at 1:1 and the vcore is below 1.5 for 24/7 use. Sandra scores are around 6600. :clap:

and ed, this is retail version right?

Back