• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my first case mod ever. :D CAI cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silent Frog

CAI cooling mods.
Cos I put all the details on my site.. I think it would be easier if you just checked it out there. Case Mod
So does that look cool or what?
Next for it is a cut out of what I called my computer along time ago "Speedy" with a blue neon behind it. but thats for another day.
The CAI (cold air induction) mod drop my CPU temp from 52c (15.5 room) to 34c (14.5 room) time for some volts baby. Oh and I need to get some RAM heat spreaders.

Oh I really like the yellow LEDs under the case. Yellow is a rare color for case lighting...well to me atleast.
10pts for the original color

Thanks.
I like yellow, goes really well with black. :D Trying to find that font they use on the side of Lambo Diablo SV's the car another pic

I really like the idea of having black, yellow and blue together. reminds me so much of WRX's. :D yellow and blue . hmmm...

You put a lot of time into that, and it all paid off in the end. Great MOD.
I got 10c out of my ducting system, gotta love ducting.... :)

Looks nice,but i notticed one thing: the only fan that's sucking in is the CPU fan.
Have you tried the front fan other way arround,that's sucking in?

The GPU fan sucks in too. So I have two 60mm fans blowing out and my old silentboost fan on the front too and a 92mm fan on my CPU blowing in with my vid card, I figure that the 92mm has enough CFM to make up for the 60mm and most of the vid cards one :D I hope none of the fans will die under stress, but I think I'm all right. :)
Thanks lazua, I really try :D :p

I like these mods, great job..... what are your temps like? GPU and CPU? I've considered doing a mod like this myself, but I'm not sure what benefits there are.....

Yeah, my bro is older then me and has two cars.. his a car freak indeed :-/ :D

The CPU went from 52c to 34c (I didn't have any case fans before tho)
The GPU is at 34 right now, haven't played any games yet so it might go up, used to be around 50 to 55 too.

I've also done a update to my site to include the CPU CAI ducting bracket I just made.

Back