• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7/S rev2.0 : D25 Modded bios by -=Merlin=-

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ap673 said:
Lots of great info in this thread, I vote sticky.

Edit: I tried the D10 beta4 Turbo, and having some really weird problems with it. It is very sensitive to BIOS changes, like it won't boot if you made too many changes too fast. Like I can't go from 6x200 to 11x200, or 200 to 205mhz. I hafta go really really slow. Does anyone else have this problem?

And as for which BIOS to use, I have micron ocz eb chips, so it looks like the D10 variants are the best. But since im using 2x512 doublesided dimms, shouldnt I be using a CPC disabled BIOS? By the way my NF7-Sv2 is a few weeks old, blue dimm slots, and came with D24 bios.

Yeah I have same problem. Can't change too many things. I have 2x512 double-sided and when I run the CPC disabled bios (latest one).. it REALLY messes things up. I get blue screen when I boot unless I load optimized defaults. I'm going to be trying some more bios'... I've flashed 7 times already today.
I will report back later...
-Nico

Has anyone tried the D23 Sub-zero or 3Dfire compared to D10 or D24 mods?

ap673 said:
Has anyone tried the D23 Sub-zero or 3Dfire compared to D10 or D24 mods?
I was using 3D Fire Rev 2 CPC Off before trying out Merlin's D25 CPC Off and it was very forgiving on my system. Every little setting I change in the bios always gets me booted up to windows. If its unstable and needs a little voltage increase, it didn't BSOD, just hangs the program I'm running for stability testing like sandra and prime95. I tried all the D24 CPC Off variants and they were all too shaky on my rig. Most of the time if I change settings that it doesn't like it never boots, just blank screen. So I gave up on all the D24's. I am now currently running Merlin's stuff to see which one my system likes more.

Ya post back on your results. I'm about to give up on this damn D10 cuz it doesnt boot half the time. I'll try out the D23 3dfire cpc off.

i have that no boot problem with the d10 all i do is hold the center button down for 4 seconds, turn it back on, then the "dont turn off computer while bios saving your settings" comes on and its all good!

this typically happens at above 200 fsb

Does anybody get a flash screen at Boot that says "Powered by AMD and Abit"? Nico3k stated that he got this screen with one of merlins bios's but I havent experienced this. If anybody has, please state the exact bios name. thanks.

Does anyone know what the best CPC enabled BIOS is for 2x512mb double-sided dimms?

100mbHD said:
Does anybody get a flash screen at Boot that says "Powered by AMD and Abit"? Nico3k stated that he got this screen with one of merlins bios's but I havent experienced this. If anybody has, please state the exact bios name. thanks.
Yep, I've seen that flash screen in one of my tests with Merlin's, if I remember correctly it was the D24 CPC-Off Rev1D, not this D25 CPC Off I'm currently running.

100mbHD said:

I get that, and I'm using his D25 with CPC off.

some reason the bios killed my mem bandwidth...
yes now i can post at a higher fsb but im getting 2687/2513 sandra with 2.0.1c (cpc off)
@ 210 x 12 (230 X 10.5) was not that much different my timings were 2.5 3 3 6... any reason why this is happening? i was able to hit 32xx with d24 trats

just benched again on 230x10.5 (2.5-3-3-6) and got 2918/2732... i still think something is wrong....

Last edited:
NaNoBLaZe01 said:
some reason the bios killed my mem bandwidth...
yes now i can post at a higher fsb but im getting 2687/2513 sandra with 2.0.1c (cpc off)
@ 210 x 12 (230 X 10.5) was not that much different my timings were 2.5 3 3 6... any reason why this is happening? i was able to hit 32xx with d24 trats

just benched again on 230x10.5 (2.5-3-3-6) and got 2918/2732... i still think something is wrong....

Check your ratio. Those numbers sound really off almost like you're running 166 on the mem.

6:6 460mhz

nvm, i upgraded to 2.0.3 cpc on and tried going at 230 x 11... im getting 3395/3140 which seems right, to me i guess

Last edited:
Ya i'm on the D10 beta4, and wow, right now i'm priming at 230 for 3 hours. A little weird cuz yesterday it failed after 1 hour. But I wasnt able to get 215 stable with any other BIOS. And don't go with the CPC disabled BIOS's, it's a waste and you hafta put even more stress on your system to make up for it. You hafta overclock about 10mhz more than usual.

Hmm u got 230 fsb + with D10 ..when i try that bios or any d10..I cant write it. Something about bios is write protected it says. D24 /25 is fine 225 max tho, this is 2x512 adata pc4000
They both run 250 fsb if single..dont get this? :cry:

Last edited:
I have the old board and unless I flash with a bios with CPC off, I'm ALWAYS stuck on 220fsb. I tried D10 for awhile and that let me get to 230fsb no problem but then I had the occasional problem of not being able to get into the BIOS. When I pressed del, the screen just turned all blue.

Eh, no biggie. No use in getting obsessive on the matter.

Back