• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cat4.7 recalled for 3Dmark03

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

micamica1217

""Exclusive: ATI withdraw Catalyst 4.7 from Futuremark certification
I have been in talks today with ATI's Terry Makedon (Senior Product Manager) and he wished to make a statement on Driverheaven.

“In CATALYST 4.7 there is a slight rendering bug found on game test 3 of 3DMark03. This has been documented in an InfoBase article found here. Due to the high standards we place on ourselves in regards to our driver quality we have decided to ask our users not to use CATALYST 4.7 with 3DMark03. In fact we request that Futuremark disqualify this driver set from the official approved driver list. CATALYST 4.8 will have the rendering bug fixed. This rendering bug does not impact 3DMark scores with CATALYST 4.7, but we prefer our users use a driver without the corruption for the best possible RADEON experience.""

full read here....LOOK.

mica

NVIDIA - you listening :D , that is how it is done..lol

Sorry, i had to say it before someone else did :D

Is the problem around the windows and stuff there is some blocking? I just got my MSI 9800 Pro and was hoping that it wasn't the card.

is it dangerous? i noticed it, and at first i thought it was artifacts, then i under clocked my card some, and it was still there. so then i figured it was my omega drivers, now its just the 4.7's... oh well i hope its not harmful to the card it self

HousERaT said:
yeah it's around the windows and a "haze" around the girl.... it's the drivers

Ok... I know what you are talking about... I think I noticed something like that in FarCry as well... Glad to know it's just the 'ol drivers.

dreIU said:
Ok... I know what you are talking about... I think I noticed something like that in FarCry as well... Glad to know it's just the 'ol drivers.

realy?
could you tell me ware?
what lvl, so on.

thanks

mica

P.S. I have no issues with all my games, yet I mostly play BF:V....like you didn't know that already. :p

micamica1217 said:
realy?
could you tell me ware?
what lvl, so on.

thanks

mica

P.S. I have no issues with all my games, yet I mostly play BF:V....like you didn't know that already. :p

Yeah, I have no issues either with my games, just remember noticing a scew up in FarCry. Someone mentioned it too not too long ago when we were posting pictures... a comment in that thread went something like..."beta testers did not do a good job at finding bugs." Basically, if you are inside somewhere, and you are staring at water, but there is some sort of gard rail in between your view of the water, when you look at the water and the guard rail, right where they meet (in your view path), it looks like it does in the 3dmark03 fault you mentioned.

Here is where I noticed it, not sure of the level, you start out in this huge elevator, whithe the doors that open up/down, but they are broken, so you have to squeeze your way out. There are two huge nasty big monsters out waiting for you, and you must run away and hide in another corner in which they cannot get (then you blast em with the shot gun!!! :clap: ). Anyway, I noticed it coming out of those elevator doors, not sure if it was around water, but instead light and guardrails, similar to the 3dmark test.

Sorry the descriptions are bad, but I am horrible at giving directions (specially driving directions :p ).

I meant to as you about BF:V, mica. I run mostly all maxed out graphically spekaing, from the ingame menu, 1024x768. I run 2xAA temporal, and 8x AF performance from control pannel. The game looks good at those settings, but I find it sometimes dragging behind, and I know it is not lag bc pings are usually below 50. Is this normal? maybe I should lower settings, but I dont think so bc I am already at a low resolution.

Mr.Guvernment said:
NVIDIA - you listening :D , that is how it is done..lol

Sorry, i had to say it before someone else did :D

LOL just had to laugh at u !!!

well i i wont be downgrading my drivers ill just wait for the Cat's 4.8's :D

dreIU,

yes, that bug in farcry is with all ATI cards, might be with nVidia too...not quite sure.
I know that bug well, you described the place perfectly.... :thup:
nothing to do with cat4.7's

as for BF:V
lag seems to have nothing to do with ping in this game.
if the server has too many people and/or bots, and the server isn't strong enough (system specs) then even with great ping, you'll get lag.

try other servers, and/or turning down one of your video settings in the game.
the private clan server we have gives me a 100 ping, yet I get no lag or stutter.
I also seem to do just as well as if playing on a public server that gives me a 30 ping.

again, some public servers are not beefy enough to have so many players on it...I wish they would wake up and read the readme's.

btw, why don't you join us?
we are practicing at 8pm EST...that's real soon.
we have our first scrim tomorrow at 8pm EST too.

mica

mica,

Thanks for the explanation on the ping, now I will start joining servers with a bit higher pings, if that is not the issue. When you had your 9800pro, how did it handle the game? I mean, at about the quality settings you have described.

I would love to join you guys play, but I have found my time on the computer has been very limitied lately. I work all the friggen time, 7 days a week, and I have to make some time in there for the ol' lady too :D.

How can I find your server tho? I am satill interested because when I do find time to play, I play the shat out of that game. :D

dreIU said:
mica,

Thanks for the explanation on the ping, now I will start joining servers with a bit higher pings, if that is not the issue. When you had your 9800pro, how did it handle the game? I mean, at about the quality settings you have described.

I would love to join you guys play, but I have found my time on the computer has been very limitied lately. I work all the friggen time, 7 days a week, and I have to make some time in there for the ol' lady too :D.

How can I find your server tho? I am satill interested because when I do find time to play, I play the shat out of that game. :D

PM sent.

mica

Back