• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any NF7-S BIOS experts out there?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ap673

Ok I need some help overclocking my rig (see sig). I did the L12 mod to 166mhz. I was using Abit's D24 bios which has CPC enabled. Since I have 2x512 dimm's, I hear that its difficult to overclock with CPC enabled. I had maxed out at 210x12.5(1.8v), tried loose timings. So i'm trying Trat's D24 with CPC disabled, and so far at 220 stable and going. Even though with CPC disabled It hurts bandwidth, i'm going to try to max out with it disabled.

Does anyone know if modded bios's with CPC enabled differ any from the Abit's bios's with CPC enabled? I don't even know if I should take the time to test Trat's D24 with CPC enabled to see if I get a better overclock than Abits D24. Any bios experts out there?

for d24:
cpc on - ed-c18 (trats) or 4/29 infinity (trats)
cpc off - ed-c18 (trats & triest) (modbios3) or 1/31 & 4/29 infinity (trats)

test with those and see where u get.

I did the cpc off, and it really didn't help me (of course thats my machine) and I lost quite a bit in performance with it disabled. I believe the newer 25bios that is on this site had cpc enabled and oc's well.

you hafta run the ocz eb at spec timings, otherwise its wayy too unstable.

or run it at the 3700 timings or 3-2-3-10

im tellin ya man, that and the d10 bios with those micron chips is the way to go for you.

Give the merlin d25 r2 cpcon bios a try.... I can run it in my system and decrease the ram voltage..... seems to allow my system to do things with less voltage.....

Back