• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800GT Massive Artifacts everywhere

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oc_byagi

Ok, I don't know if anyone else have experienced this before but I have now owned 3 different 6800GT, and all of them are giving me MASSIVE ARTIFACTS in BIOS, 2D, 3D, Desktop, everything!!! 9800pro is working fine on my AN7 but as soon as I put any of the 6800GT, The massive artifacts starts. I thought it was a bad RAM at first, but what are the chances of getting a bad RAM board 3 times out of the 3????? HELP MEEEE!!!! btw brands I tested are, 1 eVGA and 2 BFG.

Did you entirely uninstall the ATI drivers??? That could be the problem. Uninstall the ATI drivers, restart the comp, take out yur ati card, restart, tunr off, put in the 6800, turn back on, install the newest nvidia drivers you can get your hands on and then restart again. Should do the trick... That's what I had to do on my old comp when changing over from ATI to Nvidia, and my buddy had to do vice versa when going from nvidia to ATI.

Can you try a fresh format and install of win xp? Also maybe your PSU can't take the extra power needed by the 6800?

Ah crap..... I dont think this is a cooincidence. Didnt one of Abit's VIA mobos have similar issues to the 9800PRO?

I think you mobo might be the problem. Sadly I suggest you try an x800. I think your mobo may hate nV.

Ive had 0 problems with mine. Sorry to hear you issues. Have you tried that vcard in another mobo?

tried taking out some components out so the power issue will not be a problem, still no go. also, windows should not be a problem as I'm having a problem in DOS as well. I think I may be the one of the unluckiest person to draw 3 bad 6800GT. I'll go exchange tomorrow again.... :mad:

Sentential said:
Ah crap..... I dont think this is a cooincidence. Didnt one of Abit's VIA mobos have similar issues to the 9800PRO?

I think you mobo might be the problem. Sadly I suggest you try an x800. I think your mobo may hate nV.

Ive had 0 problems with mine. Sorry to hear you issues. Have you tried that vcard in another mobo?
crap, nope. Let me try that tomorrow.

I would exchange the motherboard first. Sounds more likely you have a bad cap feeding the AGP slot. I would say that eventually the board will not run the 9800 Pro either. I seriously doubt there would be a compatability issue between the board and the cards since both are nVidia chipsets. I vote for the board being defective......

in that case id go ati x800pro vivo all the way!! look on it as this bad streak with gt's has saved you a life (or at least a few months) of horrible nvidia cards... :D

hmmmm, but I don't think there is a way to find out if the problem is a compability issues with the motherboard or the motherboard is bad. Either way, I need to test some other video cards out and see. (I seriously don't want to think it's a motherboard problem since it's brand new and I modded them already)

yeah, i don't think its the cards, has to be something else, how are your rails? and what is this about modding? maybe a monitor plug pin broke off in your 9800, i'd just grab another motherboard or stick the card in another pc, no use trying other cards really

ok, tried 9600xt from my other system, AND IT WORKED.......
I think it is a compatibility problem like Sen has said.

or my mobo gotta be hating NV really badly.
TIME FOR X800XTPE!!!! WHERE ARE YOUUUUU. grrr stupid ATI taking forever gddammit.

Last edited:
6800GT also worked on my other system, I think it is the compatibility issues with GeForce 6800GT and ABIT AN7.
I'm going to try maybe stock ABIT bios and see if it helps.

OOHHHHH MYYYY GOOOOOOD
I just got a Forton 530W from newegg today and IT FIXED THE PROBLEM!!!! :eek:
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU ANTEC???? 550W RATING DIDN'T FEED GF6800GT??? o well, it was probably defective, but I'm sooo happy!!!! Farcry, Call of Duty looked good as hell. I'm going to test some more after work. Thanx for all the advises folks, I'll write back my results.

Back