• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hey guys, i think we hit the jackpot here..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've seen this link before. I've heard that these use 4.5ns Micron, not 5ns. Guessing there's a good chance it's high latency memory, but who knows for sure?

Gautam said:
I've seen this link before. I've heard that these use 4.5ns Micron, not 5ns. Guessing there's a good chance it's high latency memory, but who knows for sure?

i checked buffalo's site and they are using the rev c micron on both the 3200/3700.uh oh, im starting to flapp again, cause that would mean SPEED BINNED on the 3700!!!http://www.buffalotech.com/products/product-ddrdimm.php

in fact, im gonna call buffalo support.. i should know in a little while.

Last edited:
couldnt get buffalo tech support. so i asked in epowerhouse's forums ,and their administrator said they are the same chips....being that they are rated pc3700 that means these are indeed a better than usual grade of these chips. i want to make sure,so ill call em on monday. 220.00(a gig) aint a bad deal, especially since theyre pc3700 rated.

My only question is this...have you seen anyone report results for the Micron -5B C that DIDN'T hit DDR466 speeds? I think that these chips perform so well that you could just reach into a bin and label them PC3700 without even testing them and would probably have very few that didn't perform as rated. It is still not a bad price at $110 per 512 stick, but what are they selling the PC3200 for, anyway?

Just went back to the site and checked. They don't have any PC3200, just the PC3700 in 256 or 512 sticks.

jeesh, u have a very good point.. unfortunately they only sell the pc3700. but if they really are -5bc (forum admin said it was)chips at least its another source for some of the guys that just cant afford the brand name stuff. i hope they are... im limping along with a bad vtt mosfet so i wouldnt be able to test em right till i fix it..

yeah, im gonna talk to the guy by phone, it really looks promising,most of these resellers will go out of their way to help out, and will stock certain chips if possible. our little forum can easily mean a big sale for them.

This may put my plans of buying OCZ's VDIMM booster aside. Personally I think there are one of 2 options

#1 It is *true* -5BC
#2 It is Micron's BGA style PC4000

If someone gets some -5B C let us know, cuz Ill order one tonight.

I would love to know too - this is exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for. I found some 2x256 mT -5BC at Best Buy yesterday, but they don't have 512mb sticks. They did have single sided 512mb sticks of Crucial mT -5BC though.
My only question is this...have you seen anyone report results for the Micron -5B C that DIDN'T hit DDR466 speeds? I think that these chips perform so well that you could just reach into a bin and label them PC3700 without even testing them and would probably have very few that didn't perform as rated.
True enough. Still though, this does insure that at least you won't get absolute dud chips.

Its a question of what voltage Buffalo rates their products. mT *WILL NOT* do 233mhz without atleast 2.8v....keep that in mind.

If you are looking for info on Micron's BGA style RAM, look up "Kingmax PC4000 Hardcore"

To sum things up for you, the BGA acts like a cross between BTD43 and true mT. With voltage it can get low timings, but not any 2s, and is capable of BTD43 speeds

http://www.extremeoverclocking.com/reviews/memory/Kingmax_PC4000_1.html

4.jpg

http://www.legitreviews.com/reviews/kingmax4000/

since i started thread, id feel bad if u didnt get the -5bc chips. do u feel like waiting till i can all him?? or do u feel confident about this reseller? i dont know much about this guy...

Back