• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit KV8 PRO-K8T800 - 3200 Claw.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jess1313

I am Five minuites away from firing up this setup. Be back with some results.

(EDIT) IF AFTER READING THIS POST YOU WANT TO BUY ONE OF THESE BOARDS NEWEGG IS THE ONLY ONE SELLING REVISION 1.1 BOARDS THAT I KNOW OFF. NEW BOARDS ALSO NOT REFURBS.

There is no for shure thing that you will get a revision 1.1 board still but that is what thay have been shipping.

The revision 1.0 board worked good also but it seems the 1.1 board is a better board & has been very stable for me.

(EDIT) I AM NOW ON MY SECOND DEAD KV8 PRO, AND I WOULD ADVISE YOU, THAT, IN YOUR BEST INTERST, YOU DO NOT GET THIS BOARD. IT IS A SHAME BECAUSE OF HOW GOOD OF A BOARD THIS WAS. THE PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE, IN THE WAY THE PCB IS MADE. IT IS VERY FLEXABLE. AND IT SEEMS THAT EVENTUALLY, IN THE AREA AROUND CPU, BECAUSE OF FLEXING, SOME OF THE TRACES CRACK. YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO SEE THIS, IT MAY EVEN BE IN THE INNER LAYERS OF THE PCB. I WOULD ADVISE YOU TO SAY AWAY FROM THIS BOARD.

READ THIS THERE ARE THREE REPORTS OF DEAD BOARDS HERE. AND THEN THERE ARE THE TWO OF MINE THAT WENT DOWN........

Last edited:
Ok we have a desktop, here is some scores I will get screenies up in a few.

MEM bandwith sandra 4112-4114, not bad for the first hour booted.
Super PI 35.

I havnt run 3dMark yet.

Raid is scoring something like 100 & some on hard drive tack.

I will go tweak & bench some more & be back with screenies & more scores.

Oh this is at 2421 & HTT @ 270 with mem running 270 & LDT @ 200 & Vlink @ 4 . with 3200 clawhammer CG.

OH yea it hasnt crashed none what so ever with any setting, But I kinda know where to go with it.

nice results, what's your CPU cooling???

BTW, I've gone back to AXP since I didn't like MSI K8N..... (actually CPU pin broke when reseated my CPU, but honestly, the board was really unreliable) :(

jess1313 said:
Ok we have a desktop, here is some scores I will get screenies up in a few.

MEM bandwith sandra 4112-4114, not bad for the first hour booted.
Super PI 35.

I havnt run 3dMark yet.

Raid is scoring something like 100 & some on hard drive tack.

I will go tweak & bench some more & be back with screenies & more scores.

Oh this is at 2421 & HTT @ 270 with mem running 270 & LDT @ 200 & Vlink @ 4 . with 3200 clawhammer CG.

OH yea it hasnt crashed none what so ever with any setting, But I kinda know where to go with it.

I like the memory bus frequency and bandwidth, and the two 24000+ 3Dmark 01 scores.
What memory modules are? Size, number of sticks, brand, timing, ....

OCZ 4400?

Last edited:
OK there not much more to see here. I will get the screenies up but alittle short on time right now.

3Dmark scores 24543 ( look at bootom of sig)
I havnt got more than 35 super PI
mem score I little higher.

The board is great it has showed me no limits besides what you plug in to it. Every thing I have is running at its max in this board.

Mem is OCZ performance S. @ 270 3-4-8-4-3-2-2-1 1T & yes this board has all these settings in the bios for the mem.

The only one thing I can see bad is the VTT doesnt track past 2.8 VDIMM although you can go to 3.2 VDIMM.

I can not say anything else bad about this board. Well one more thing its a little borring because its done every thing with no trick just set it & go. I would have to have new modules or new CPU to try anything else diff.

Last edited:
Gee I wish I had some ram that would do 300+. This guru thing, its pretty cool when you set it threw guru it stays in bios, somehow its link to the bios & if you set it in bios when booting its sets it in guru(It is a desktop bios). You can even change all voltages from desktop.

I will build with this board for awail. I have found no better yet. I have the MSI neo plat, it s****.

Last edited:
I think I will try my DTR and see if it will work. The first board I had (revision 1.0) would not work with the DTR. Maybe this one will, it has a bios that I have not seen.

Just got some games loaded, this setup is way smoother than any of my other setup,
including the MSI or the SHUTTLE.

Is it possible to run this sort of setup (i'm thinking about 3000 claw though not 3200) with just PC3200 ram?

I'm looking to upgrade but really don't want to buy any more RAM, what sort of deviders are there on these boards/ is it possible to runw ith PC3200?

Thanks guys, Mark

edit: bah misread..

SO the Abit via k800 board DOES have locks now??? sic... might make it my board

edit 2: where did you buy yours? i've heard the newegg ones are lacking locks...

Arkangyl said:
edit: bah misread..

SO the Abit via k800 board DOES have locks now??? sic... might make it my board

edit 2: where did you buy yours? i've heard the newegg ones are lacking locks...

i got mine off newegg yes. but if you want PCI/AGP lock you must get the "KV8 **PRO**" its the only 754 board with the k8t800 *PRO* chipset.

:attn: abit.

the onlything it need now is a good Vtt mod to say 1.65 ;)

oc_byagi said:
nice results, what's your CPU cooling???

sorry i guess i missed your Q there, i have the thermalright pipe 101, with thermalright 80mm smartfan II.(works very good, 4 heat pipes) :attn:

Spoons said:
Is it possible to run this sort of setup (i'm thinking about 3000 claw though not 3200) with just PC3200 ram?

I'm looking to upgrade but really don't want to buy any more RAM, what sort of deviders are there on these boards/ is it possible to runw ith PC3200?

Thanks guys, Mark

yes they have very flexable ram devisers, in bios there is 100/133/166/and 200 opions.

so with an htt of 300mhz you could run your ram even as slow as 150mhz, with a whole multiplier

Gautam said:
Whats the status of the DTR and the KV8?

i tryied it once when i first got the board and it wont post. with the DTR it defaults to [email protected] :bang head . but i think that now that ihave a desktop 3200 claw i can put the desktop chip in, and set bios up([email protected] save and exit an d shutdown, and then just swap chips, but i havent tryed it yet.

10x200 1.1vcore is exactly what mine defaults to. I just go into the BIOS and set it to 1.5v. 1.1v should be enough juice to get it into the BIOS. Mine comes close to booting with it.

Back