• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800Pro killing my monitors?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LoPaN

Hi

Well after using a Sony E400 with my Radeon 9800pro the monitor started to get real bright, black was no longer black it was a washed out grey, it got so bad that even with the brightness on 0 black was like a light grey.
So thinking the 3 year old Sony had just gone bad I get me a new Samsung monitor, now 2 weeks later im starting to see the same thing happen to this monitor, ive had it 2 weeks and allready its starting to lose blackness, seems I have to keep dropping the brightness ever few days to keep a true black. Even on 0 now its not true black.

Is it the video card doing this? Is there a known problem with the 9800pro?

Thanks

What drivers are you using? I believe there was some problem with th 3.8's(or maybe it waas 9's), but it wasnt related to brightness.

I have always stayed current with Cat drivers, its definately a hardware issue with the card. I just hope they will fix or replace the card. Its a year and 3 months old.

if it is the card you might be able to get them to refund the lost money on the monitor too :thup:

Back