• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking XP2400+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dazza05

hi all.. i have an xp2400+ unlocked, at the moment its doing 2200MHz (200*11) at 1.7v. What way should i go about trying to get it higher? leave the multiplier at 11 and keep upping the fsb/vcore or lower the fsb and up the multiplier?

I have 1Gb pc2700 samsung ram running in dual channel, my mobo is the abit nf7-s rev2.

any help appreciated.

on my setup, sig box 2, i can push my athlon to 2300mhz at 11.5x200. 1.825v core.

i would say because of your ram leave it at 200fsb and up the multi. I dont know how high pc2700 can oc and how much volt you are putting through it.

the ram is at stock voltage. the timing things are 2.5-3-3-11, if the ram is holding back are the frequency divider options there to stop that from happening?

Yes, with those you can slow up your ram, but then you lose performance because your ram wont be clocked as high.

when it posts it says frequency configured for 333MHz DDR dont i want to keep it at that?

dazza05 said:
hi all.. i have an xp2400+ unlocked, at the moment its doing 2200MHz (200*11) at 1.7v. What way should i go about trying to get it higher? leave the multiplier at 11 and keep upping the fsb/vcore or lower the fsb and up the multiplier?

I have 1Gb pc2700 samsung ram running in dual channel, my mobo is the abit nf7-s rev2.

any help appreciated.

ok , few ?'s

1. what mobo you usin?
2. is your proc. a moble or reg. desktop chip?
3. is your mem running 1:1 ?

look at my sig and you'll see my setup...

1. its the abit NF7-S (i did state that btw)..
2. reg 2400XP
3. the divider is just set to by SPD in the bios and when it posts just says frequency configured for ddr 333MHz (even when im running 200 FSB)

dazza05 said:
1. its the abit NF7-S (i did state that btw)..
2. reg 2400XP
3. the divider is just set to by SPD in the bios and when it posts just says frequency configured for ddr 333MHz (even when im running 200 FSB)

O sorry I didn't see that last part in your first post .. my bad :eek:

Ok so your mem is running at 166 by defalt and you have let the bios auto config your mem fsb speed.
*question* do you have a program like cpuz or cpuid?

Attachments

• cpuzmem.JPG
    cpuzmem.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 231
untitled1.JPG

its 6:5..

Ok,
To get your mem to show 1:1 go into your bios set "by spd" to "manual"
then set your dram clock to 133, then see if your mem can handle 2,2,5 leave the CAS set at 2.5 and set tRAS to 5, set tRCD to 2, set tRP to 2, and set the Command rate to 1T.

Leave your proc. at default for now , save and exit the bios and see if your computer will boot in to windows... if it does that’s very good,, if it doesn't go back into your bios and set tRP to 3, tRCD to 3, and tRAS to 6, save and exit bios,, Boot into windows and check cpuz.. Your mem should be at 1:1 because your mem and cpu should have the same FSB. reboot then go back into the bios and start increasing your cpu's FSB. When you do that your mem FSB will increase when you increase your cpu's FSB..

from the screenshots i see that you have bank interleaving disabled. why you don't turn it on ?

omega3112 said:
from the screenshots i see that you have bank interleaving disabled. why you don't turn it on ?

never really thought about it... :D
but thank you for bringing it to my attention.. :thup:

Back