• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Apple unveils 30 inch Cinema Display

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
corebreach said:
To run at the best looking native res, hmm... Even with the nV 6800, framerates would probably be terrible.

no way you could run any game @ max reso and max details and pull 80+ FPS easy

but holy crap is that thing awesome or what.

aside from the fact that it will cost you 4grand to get it rolling, and games wouldn't look that good because the native resolution is sickly high.

omg though, i still want one.

that 20 is looking nice though, 1299?

CircuitBreaker8 said:
Play games at 1280x960, whats the prob?
The problem is that the picture will either be very blurry or have a huge border around it, defeating the purpose of the 30" monitor.

corebreach said:
The problem is that the picture will either be very blurry or have a huge border around it, defeating the purpose of the 30" monitor.

correct, it's going to look like butt. you have a native resolution on lcd's. they have physical pixels. if it has a native of 2560x1600, and you play at 1280x1024, then you're effectively having multiple pixels act as one, which in turn makes image quality suffer from blurriness. you can't go higher than they're resolution, because you can't make a single pixel act as two. not that you would ever want to go higher than 2560x1600

destr0yer said:
My teacher has that monitor, it's so awesome but it's an apple... EWWWW I wanna steal it though :) ehehehe to bad it can't fit in my backpack.

You might be thinking of the old 23 which is good but they got rid of the ****ty plastic with the new ones and went with aluminium to match the g5's. The 30" ones dont ship till august.

Back