• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project-Moop (finished-ish)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

k3nshin

Well i guess it's about time i posted this....
I actually finished this a few weeks ago....

It started as the same e-machine as in KfistoRok's
thread sans flames.

It was my older bro's and it really wasn't doing anything just laying in a few pieces in his room. So i swiped it and decided to play with it. First off it needed a new OS because XP was corruptified... so i loaded Fedora on it to play around with!

So after i played around with Fedora for a bit i got bored and it sat in my room for a few weeks... then one day I got really bored and decided "thats a really ugly color for a case *bleh*" So i grabbed it and initiated "Bordom case-mod mode!"

first off it needed some prepping! I decided to get rid of the big e-machine plastic logo that is on the top-o the case, i also removed the e-machine logo on the front and the power, usb, HD led and Power led plastic markings.

DSCN2138.jpg

DSCN2136.jpg

Then I wet sanded it all down some and put some primer on, then went-sanded and primered and wet-sanded...etc

Then came the color Black Krylon Hammered Spray paint! I liked the color was neat, but i kinda didn't like the textured ness of it. i put two coats of that wet sanding between. I wanted to do something else, but I didn't want flames. So i picked the spiky things. Painted it with this cool blue paint. (I curse the hummidity of georgia! the spikes on top bubbled up! arg!:mad:) Then came the clear coat, I wet sanded before that (2 coats of that)

DSCN2148.jpg

DSCN2143.jpg

DSCN2137.jpg

Then i put it back together. While putting it together i found that i misplaced the e-machine case badge that goes on the front! meh ok it was ugly in the first place so i just wipped up one of my own! And also i just knew i had to put a CCFl in for you guys! so I threw in the only one I had that was just sitting around.

DSCN2140.jpg

DSCN2150.jpg

Ya i know there are a few chips in it, not my fault little bro's fault! and i couldn't get some of the polish out of the vent holes in the side. meh! this was just a pointless mod that i just did with what I mostly had sitting around.

DSCN2135.jpg

Last edited:
Man sooner or later everyone is going to know how tight emachines are for modding!! :D

You have some long toes. *blink, blink* :)

KfistoRok said:
Man sooner or later everyone is going to know how tight emachines are for modding!! :D

You have some long toes. *blink, blink* :)

yeh the toes come along with the big feet, and the big feet with the tallness, being 6' 5" in all... :D

733mhz celly i believe... ya its a pretty crappy computer. the layout of the components is very annoying, but it doesn't really matter sence it really doesn't do anything

Hahaha nice one. I'd love to see you try to get warrenty service or somthing. Just act like nothings different. Just say it was the tiger modle.

Back