• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What have you gotten with a 2.40A?[prescott]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gonwee

What OCs have you people gotten with the 2.4 533 prescott i have a IC7-G. I'm trying to figure out what kind of overclocks people are getting. try to stay with aircooling but watercooling is okay to.

On a friend's machine, we got 3.0 on a stock fan. Didn't even try to go farther. Rock stable, and seemed very fast and smooth.

The 2.4A is the "Prescott Celeron" right now. $123 at NewEgg with a free alarm clock thrown in. I'm more impressed by the way they "feel" than their overclocking ability. It really feels about the same as my [email protected]. A great mom and pop or business chip!

I have my up to 3.9ghz (217.2FSB). I have not yet given up on 4ghz yet!

I am finding that a slower raise in OC levels really helps the prescott. My first attempt at 3.5 was a no-boot. Now at 3.9. Yes, I am running a mach1.

Prime'ing now ... seems stable
1M PI .... 35s
2M PI ....1m24sec
3D2K .... 21767

Memory BW
Int ... 5363
Fl .... 5363

CPU
Int ... 10,289
Fl .... 2630/4860

Multi
Int ... 22,176
Fl ... 26308

Maybe in a few days I will have 4G's

This just goes to prove that all these tests are probably weighted for certain attributes of a processor. If I write a test where the "test" fits within the prescott's L2 cache but not the NW's, then the precott would seem vastly better since no real memory fetches would be rquired.

SPI is probably like this whereas Sandra seems to benefit HT.

The difference between Athlon64 and Intel is another good example. The amd is better at games but Intel better at business apps. This makes sense since Intel is mostly corporate while AMD appeals to DIY guy's.

seamadan000 said:
sandra fits in the northwood cache, and AFAIK it even fit in the willy cache

True. My 2.0A (NW) @ 3.4Ghz, yielded 69.1% better results then my dad's Willamette on 2.0Ghz....so their performance was almost equal per Mhz there.

If they bring out a new Sandra with larger fit size or so, the prescott will be greatly advantaged.

2.4 533 prescott overclock

Im running a cheap MSI PT 880 Neo 2.4 gig 533 Prescott OCZ PC 4000 Nvida MX 440 64 meg video card stock retail cooling fan came with peocessor with 4 case fans. Running solid at 3.5 gig 195 fsb, 2 3 3 6 memory timing, idle temp 44 c load 59 c. Im sure I can get more out of her but not without more effective cooling.

tomslick said:
Im running a cheap MSI PT 880 Neo 2.4 gig 533 Prescott OCZ PC 4000 Nvida MX 440 64 meg video card stock retail cooling fan came with peocessor with 4 case fans. Running solid at 3.5 gig 195 fsb, 2 3 3 6 memory timing, idle temp 44 c load 59 c. Im sure I can get more out of her but not without more effective cooling.

Welcome to the forums!

And thats a very nice oc :)

Noobie OCer looking for sugestions on where to go from here? So far I have only adjusted the FSB.

Idle temps @ 33C
Load Temps @ 40C

Unlocked - P4 2.0 ES @ 3.5ghz (Prescott w/1MB L2 Cache)
1G Generic SDRAM 3200 w/ Tt ram cooler
Cooler Master Aquagate
Asus P4C800 Deluxe
4x250 FSB 14 Multiplier
NVIDiA GeForce 5200 (128 RAM) w/ Zalman HS and fan

Back