• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to use to fill some holes (aka Patching Goo)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Guderian

I need to find out what the best (and cheapest) stuff you guys use to fill holes/gaps between two types of plastic.

I wanted my t-line to feed directly into my Eheim 1250, but the threads on the outer portion of the stock inlet is approx 7/8's bspt(I think).... a pretty nonstandard piece.

I ended up using the outer tube hold down piece (see pic 1) and a pvc part (see pic 2) ground up to allow them to join(see pic 3), however I am left with some serious gaps (see pic 4) I would like to seal up and make this bad-boy water tight.

So what should I use?
Where can I get it?
How much is the smallest amount I can buy?
How do you apply it?
and for you odd ones, how does it taste?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Eheim inlet ring.jpg
    Eheim inlet ring.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 79
  • adaptor cut up a bit.jpg
    adaptor cut up a bit.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 72
  • put together.jpg
    put together.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 76
  • gaps to fill.jpg
    gaps to fill.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 80
Guderian said:
I need to find out what the best (and cheapest) stuff you guys use to fill holes/gaps between two types of plastic.

I wanted my t-line to feed directly into my Eheim 1250, but the threads on the outer portion of the stock inlet is approx 7/8's bspt(I think).... a pretty nonstandard piece.

I ended up using the outer tube hold down piece (see pic 1) and a pvc part (see pic 2) ground up to allow them to join(see pic 3), however I am left with some serious gaps (see pic 4) I would like to seal up and make this bad-boy water tight.

So what should I use?
Where can I get it?
How much is the smallest amount I can buy?
How do you apply it?
and for you odd ones, how does it taste?

Thanks in advance.

I would get some marine goop.
I found it at Home Depot
I got it in some tube thing. It was like 6 bucks.
I applied it by squeezing it out, then shaping it with a pencil.
Like a cross between sulphur and glue. it was on the pencil, and I chew on pencils.

Stays in pretty much that shape. It gets rubbery and sticky though, so watch it. Could clog up the pipes.

Last week my bay res was coming apart and i mean it was falling apart so i toke it to work and coated the whole thing with ortho acrylic than polished it now there is a 2mm coating on all the joints that basically became one with the old material and since i used clear acrylic i cant even tell its there unless i touch it. If you have a friend that has access to this stuff try it it works really well. Hope it helps.

Back