• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

micron changing revision/ get it while u can

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
mcoleg said:
got a 512 stick today. a bit puzling. one side has 0404 date and 1-2 markings, the other has 0352 and 2-2.

micron.JPG

micron1.JPG

don't have a camera, had to make images with a scanner :p, sry for bad quality.

np. really, interested on how they run at 2.8/2.9 and of cousre 3.2v plse let me know how they perform... thnx flapper

on nf7s @ 2.9v fsb 250 gets me in windows but not stable. it posts up to 260 (haven't tried higher yet). what would be good relaxed timings i could try?

With 2.9v I can get 240 (3-2-2-11) and 246 (3-2-3-11)

However keep in mind that 246 is my *CHIPSET'S LIMIT*, and may not reflect the RAM itself.

what would you guys recommend for 260 fsb ? :p

i put that stick in my ai7 setup... hope to burn it in at 3.2v ai7 puts out. mt-5c + ch5 dual channel. same fsb speed as in sig., 5:4 ratio gets me memory speed of 218. timings 2.5-2-2-7. not too bad...

still, i expected a bit more from this stick on my nf7. at 250 it bluescreens under load. i've tried bunch of timings and still no go. m/b this particular stick is not that great? or maybe it's because it has different modules on each side, one 0404 and the other 0352?

If you haven't already ordered the Buffalo with Micron, take your time as they are sold out for now. It will be noteworthy if they are able to restock, or not. Is it the end of this product or is this a temporary outage?

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-150-606&depa=1

mcoleg,

I don't have as much experience as these other guys, but yours are the first sticks that I've run across with different mfg. dates, until I ran across a review later last night on some Crucial with the same chips and these sticks in the review also had chips with different dates on them. Why would they do that? Wouldn't it just be common sense to use chips from the same run?

not sure man, but Tony got the same thing - two dif. chip types on two sides. i must say, even if using it on my nf7 won't pun out, i'll just use it on ai7; ch5 seems to like it's company :p .

btw, got a link to that reveiw?

mcoleg said:
not sure man, but Tony got the same thing - two dif. chip types on two sides. i must say, even if using it on my nf7 won't pun out, i'll just use it on ai7; ch5 seems to like it's company :p .

btw, got a link to that reveiw?

Well, it looks like the Crucial is also out of stock at newegg.

The review I refered to above was one that I came across doing a Google search on Micron. Overall, it was a crappy review and I did not save a link to it. Sorry.

On the newegg page for the Crucial ram there are links under the "Resources" heading to various reviews and there is another review also at DevHardware. The newegg page is linked below.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-146-532&depa=1

basic said:
crucial.com still has the CT6464Z40B chips (the ones sold out at newegg), they're a little more ($96.99), but they have them, i think..

http://www.crucial.com/store/partspecs.asp?imodule=CT6464Z40B

Thanks for the link. Right now, it looks like ZZF ($93 - see below) and Crucial are the best places to find this stuff. I have seen it at other online vendors and at the retail shops, but the prices are much higher.

I'm waiting for the "message" about future availability that will be made if and when newegg restocks. If they restock, then obviously the supply line is still intact. The reverse will send alot of people scrambling to these other, higher priced sources.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80098-0

it sucks because i was saving up for the 2x512mb EB sticks, now i dont know what to get, i might try out the crucial, since its like $120 less than the EB stuff now

Last edited:
Back