• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Internet explorer takes 19 seconds to open why

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sramjones

Disabled
When i try to open Internet explorer it takes 15-19 seconds to open it just sits and then it some times opens or i will have to open it again. I have tried reinstalling windows mkany times and i have replaced my Motherboard and graphicscard

The problem happens bnoth when the chip is overclocked and when it is not

I have no idea why this happens

My system
windows xp pro sp1
p4 2.4c
asus p4c800 e deluxe
ati radeon 9600 xt
WD 4200 rpm 40 gig drive

ouch, i think another thing that could be upraded is the 4200rpm hd , that is verry slow compared to todays dekstop hds ie 7200 and 10000 , also how much ram is being used by system...

this has been happening to me alot lately too. it opens nice and fast until i dl updates off windows update then IE takes an extended period of time to open.

:edit: didn't notice the 4200rpm drive.. theres your cause right there most likely. 4200rpm drives are laptop drives and are pretty slow. i'd ditch it and get a 7200rpm ide or sata drive.

I'm thinking he made a typo on the 4200, 4 is right below the 7 on the number pad ;)

You might want to try running some ad-ware removal tools such as ad-aware and spybot: search & distroy. Run both because I find both apps miss things that the other will pick up.

If nothing seems to help, use Firefox...wait... thats the best solution yet :D

I had this problem as well, I spent hours trying to fix it, and could never get it right, even with Norton, Adaware, and Spybot. So, I downloaded Opera, and whola, problem gone.

no its a 4200 Rpm Wd yeah my brother has the same drive and the problem doesnt happen to him we switchg the drives and its just on my pc. So i really dont know

So I'm thinking if its happening to more than one browser, its some form of network related problem. Are you connected to a router or something?

i dunno try reformating the hd...also.. download the latest IE patch..the uprgrade to 2.0.68 i think

Here look no spyware

New%20Bitmap%20Image.bmp

A lot of spyware doesn't show up in the task manager, but I still think its some for of network problem.

I have tried everything wiping reformating and different hard drives and its all the same problem
I dont think its the NIC aim starts up fine

oh so you guys are on a router eh??? well try and have the net go directly to your computer for a quick second just to see if that solves anything...dont have no firewalls up or nothing...not even the built in windows firewall.....do you Install any antivirus software like norton or anything right after you reformat and re install and with the updates??

Vinny, with your A+ certification, you should know that you need to try to troubleshoot things in order to eliminate possibilities and nail down the source of the issue. There are some viable suggestions here which you have simply written off "as you don't think thats the problem", and you might be right, but by looking into it, it is very likely that you may find another issue in the process.

Just because AIM starts up fine doesn't mean your NIC is fine. Make sure you are running off the NIC manufacturer drivers written for your operating system, don't use the microsoft drivers for your NIC.

Delete all of your cookies, cache, and temporary files.

Are you saying this happens right off of a fresh install?

If the answer to that question is yes, then I am 99% sure this is a driver issue.

Does your PC make noise while you are waiting for it to load? (Can you hear the HDD grinding)

Back