• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

'Tis a sad day.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mumrah

Well, long story short.. My roommate turned my computer on to check his email without turning the pump to my W/C rig on. Once the computer froze, he left it on and went to class. Then came back an hour later and unplugged it because he smelled something.

So i'm down one cpu. I have a duron to fill in temporarily.

:mad: :(

So once i get him to pay me, hopefully, i'll be buying a new barton to O/C. My question, is there a difference between 2400 Mobile and a 2500 Mobile? aside from the .5x multi?

Also, another general O/C question.. I have crucial PC2100 on my board (MSI K7D Master). Is this in any way hindering my ability to up my FBS? I've never gotten a stable boot about 135mhz.

Thanks,
David

yeah that memory is a HUGE bottleneck, and the mobile 2400/2500 are pretty equal....course your mobo is gonna bottleneck it too....

Ouch that board isnt gonna help you. I suggest getting a new board and ram, get some pc3200 or higher depending on whether you want high fsb or not.

Your roommate stinks btw!

well, i'm going to be running dual cpus, is there a better A-socket one?

but if i step up to PC2700 or so, will it do me much good?

This RAM is not going to be holding you back on that motherboard really. The MSI K7D is considered one of the best MP motherboards around.
The problem is that you're gonna have to do a wire trick to get the mobile chips to run at default speed.

Back