• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP - NEED MORE VCORE - HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chriger1387

Hi,
i've got a Gigabyte GA-6WMMC7 with a 466Celeron 370 PGA Sockel, onboard AGP-graphic card, onboard sound and 128MB PC133 SDRAM.

I've overclocked my FSB form 66MHz to 70MHz = 7.0 x 70MHz = 490MHz.

If i go higher with my FSB my pc won't boot. I think i NEED more Vcore (now 2,0V). But i can't change my Vcore or my multiplicator. In the bios i can't select them, i've got the newest bios version. On the mainboard i've seen only the jumper for the FSB, form 66MHz to 100MHz, then the computer won't boot. In the User Manuals on www.giga-byte.com aren't any information about this "problem".

Please help me!!!

Thanx

I'm not familiar with this mainboard and don't know the FSB is changed.

Assuming that your Celly 466 is in S370 form factor, and it's riding on a Slocket, your Core Voltage can be raised to 2.2v. It doesn't matter if the mainboard has no provision for adjusting Core Voltage via Bios or jumpers.

Prevent pins A119, A121 and B119 that are on the bottom edge of the Slocket(or original Celeron in SEPP aka Slot 1 form factor) from contacting their opposite numbers within the Slot 1's "trench" on the mobo. This raises the Vcc value to 2.2 volts. Teflon tape, paint, nail polish or Scotch tape can be used to "mask" these three VID pins.

*Warning* If the insulation fails on one of these masked pins, your CPU is instant toast. These pins can be removed to permanently alter the CPU's Core Voltage to 2.2 volts. It's your CPU, so it's your call.

Back