• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

All Posts Regarding Newegg Refurbs/ WOOT.com please place in this thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Updated 10:21 EST 1-18-03

10:22.....looks like they may be updating more, site is down for "routine system maintenance" Check newegg around 11am and they may have a few more refurbs.

-CPFitz-

Yes I like this idea for notifying people of updates but for general "Look at this thing for this price refurbed" posts I would think a refurb forum where threads get autodeleted after a couple days idle would be best.

the also have a sh*t load of motherboards... i just bought one myself... its gigabytes top of the line amd board... and for 65.00 can't be beat. :) Gigabyte GA-7VAXP

i have the GA-7x+ great board and smokin fast , hope this one rocks as much

updated 5:40 new refurbed mobos, my pick would be the asus A7N266-VM the nforce one only sff its 40 bucks with alot of onboard stuff

Just loaded up the newegg refurb section and saw plenty 'o hot deals on video cards. Check 'em out, and buy quick if you're in the market.

edit...whoa that was strange. I just loaded up the site again and they were all gone!! WTF!!

O.K...it's fixed now..guess they were just publishing it.

Last edited:
!!

mattspalace said:
edit...whoa that was strange. I just loaded up the site again and they were all gone!! WTF!!

that happened to me also :confused: all that is left now are various ati cards. not fast enough!!!!

Man, that was fast. They're completely out of the higher end cards. My Gigabyte 9700 Pro should arrive today. I picked that up in the refurb section for $244.00 inc shipping. This is my first time buying a "refurb" from Newegg, so we'll see how it goes.

Well you couldn't be more wrong. My 9700 Pro arrived with one of the heatsinks loose from the RAM and a broken capacitor. Needless to say, the card is going back, and I'm sticking with Nvidia until the FX comes out. I swore I'd never buy ATI again...I think this was a higher power making sure I stuck to my decision.
Too bad it's costing me some 38 bucks just to get a refund. If you see that card show up in the refurb section...don't buy it.

mattspalace said:
Well you couldn't be more wrong. My 9700 Pro arrived with one of the heatsinks loose from the RAM and a broken capacitor. Needless to say, the card is going back, and I'm sticking with Nvidia until the FX comes out. I swore I'd never buy ATI again...I think this was a higher power making sure I stuck to my decision.
Too bad it's costing me some 38 bucks just to get a refund. If you see that card show up in the refurb section...don't buy it.

How is it costing $38 to get a refund ?

Back