• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Folding Team T-Shirt Design Contest

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tismedt

Shadow ÒÓ's after me!!!
Contest closed to further submitions as of 5-22-04 8:45pm pst
Good Luck

Team 32 T-Shirt design contest. I am willing to donate both of these parts to the best designs choosen by the majority here. There will be two winning designs as determined by votes in this thread. If all goes well we will have a choice of two designs on t-shirts.

Athlon XP 2500 barton unlocked
Fortron 300w PSU
Also top 3 winners will get a spankin new T-Shirt
(thanks Linksep)

CONTEST RULES

Winning designs must contain copyrights as mentioned in linksep' original t-shirt thread

Also if you use someone elses material make sure you have permission. Any required permission must be forwarded to Linksep before posting submission.

Design must be posted in this thread by 5-14-04 Extended to 5-21-04

Winners will be selected by votes posted on or before 5-19-04 Extended to 5-26-04

Winners will be selected by posts to this thread. If possible I'll try to get this thread changed to a poll to make things easier. The two designs with the most votes wins. Once a person posts his/her choice of winner it cannot be changed.

Winning designers must be an active team 32 member. ( to promote membership)

If you already posted your design in the t-shirt thread please get your design pics hosted into this thread by one of the members here that offers free hosting or host the pic yourself if you can.

Please, please size your submission to fit the forum window. I hate scrolling left and right to read posts after a large picture is posted. Designs submitted that do not fit forum window are subject to editing.

First place winner recieves choice of the prizes listed above. Second place will recieve the remaining prize.
I'll pay for shipping too.

All designs submitted become the property of the thread originators. (linksep and myself)

All rules are subject to change and or additions. Feel free to add to these rules if you feel I left out a important item. I'll consider any changes suggested.

Let your talent be seen. Be creative and please keep em clean. This is a "G" rated forum. I'd like to see some designs dedicated to the WWIII thread. Those guys did wonderful things for the team and deserve some recognition.

Good Luck to all designers

Last edited:
When the contest is over, I will make a poll for you. It's no problem at all. Lets see some designs fellas.

Matt

/me scribbles design....

erases...

scribbles again....

erases....

scribbles one more time...

throws pencil out window and decides to leave it to the graphics 'leet.

Wedo

Front of T. Would work on any shirt if the right transfer is used. Or since it's one color it could be mass-produced through screen printing in black or white.
t-f.jpg

Image for rear of shirt in
Black (would also work on grey)
t-b-b.jpg

or White
t-b-w.jpg

i think the white back looks better. for the front maybe we could have it blown up so it takes a good portion of the front. thats pretty sweet, how long it take you to do it captain slug?

I was thinking of trying...then...Captain Slug came along. I have no chance. Nice work!

Matt

Here is my first formal entry, I want to give a thank you to Captain Slug for the high-res image of his OCForums Logo. Yes they look similar but we have been corresponding in PMs and trading images :) I happened upon a few protein crystallography websites with some very nice high-res images, and he happened to use the one that I originally did as well.

Good Luck to everyone!

Front in Black:
frontclose_black.jpg

Rear in Black:
backclose_black.jpg

Front in White:
frontclose_white.jpg

Back in White:
backclose_white.jpg

WOW!!! Awesome designs so far. We may have to make a variety of different shirts.

Matt

mdcomp said:
WOW!!! Awesome designs so far. We may have to make a variety of different shirts.

Matt
Yeah, why not. I think the top 3 contest winners should have their designs offered since different people have different tastes.

Karbon said:
i think the white back looks better. for the front maybe we could have it blown up so it takes a good portion of the front. thats pretty sweet, how long it take you to do it captain slug?
The white back won't print out properly on grey or black T-shirts.
And single-sided shirt designs would be more cost effective so I'll try to make a design for one.

The protein concept model image was found by Scary_Penguin. I already had the logo design concept complete after entering it in the OClogo contest, but I lost the original file so I had to remake it in high-res.

Altogether about an hour of work.
Me and Scary_Penguin are pretty much working together so if either of us wins I don't really mind if he takes the prize he wants.

Last edited:
An now a single-sided design with just a front image. And it's very inexspensive to print as well.

In White
t2-f-w.jpg

In Black
t2-f-b.jpg

Last edited:
I am open to options for other color schemes for the protein crystal, it doesnt take more than some fiddling in photoshop to get some interesting combinations. And I agree that should there be enough interest overall, produce a few different entries in the end as people do have different tastes, like Captain Slug said :)

Well this is off to a good start. Great designs guys. I hope to see many more posted soon. And I agree that we should make shirts with as many different designs as possible. Choice is always a good thing.

Keep em coming folks.

Captain Slug said:
Yeah, why not. I think the top 3 contest winners should have their designs offered since different people have different tastes.

True, but we will have to wait and see how many more entries surface first. I might try my luck, who knows, I might figure something out. So far everything looks great though.

Matt

Back