• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Folding T-Shirts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

linksep

EDIT:Ok guys & gals. Looks like we have permission to use both logos. I know someone can make a better design, get crackin' and don't be modest. We're making team 32 Folding@Home T-shirts.

Linksep

Who do I contact here for permission to use the OC.C logo? I want to make some crappy folding t-shirts (I'll part with 'em for cost... my life is booring) I also need to contact Stanford for permission to use the F@H logo.... I already designed 'em and could make one for myself (iorn on inkjet). Seriously, damn the boredom... here's some blurred pictures to protect the innocent (me:D ) Anyone interested? We could do cafepress too assuming proper permissions are recieved... The front of the shirt would be a pic of Dr. Vijay Pande with the words "I'm Dr. Vijay Pande and I support this T-shirt" above and signature below (sorry guys & gals, I've heard one too many political commercials on the AM radio...)

Attachments

• folding shirt back.jpg
    folding shirt back.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:
I'd be up for a couple too. Keep us posted on what you decide to do (make them personally, or cafepress).

Freddie said:
Mmmm, let me think. Go to www.overclockers.com and e-mail ed/joe/skip they should be able to tell you.

I already e-mailed Joe and am awaiting a response, If I get the green light I will email Vijay Pande as all the folding pages say (C) Vijay Pande and the shirts may bear his picture and signature (photoshopped off of a folding "Certificate"). I'm sure he could attain the proper permissions from Stanford as well (or may have the power to grant permission on Stanford's behalf as well if needed.)

If I make the shirts I'm estimating cost around $8 (shirt, iorn-on, ink, postage) cafepress is lots more, but the quality would probably be better. It's up to the people...

Eric

DEFINATELY. If you need assistence in this matter PM and I will do whatever I can to Help :)

We have alot of Photoshopers in here (myself included) I am sure we could come up with quite a few choices ;)

Maybe we can make them and sell them and use the money to build more boxes. :D Great idea.

matrixzen said:
Maybe we can make them and sell them and use the money to build more boxes. :D Great idea.

When I thought of T-shirts the idea of marking them up and using the procedes to buy folding rigs did enter my mind, but I figured better not as there would be people turned off by the idea (I wouldn't trust me ;) )

I also figured there *could* be legal problems as I am not willing to set up a non-profit just to sell 50 crappy T-shirts.
If a super-power-folding-god (Wedo, nikhsub1, Maxvla, PMSfishy, Et. al.) wanted to take over the idea (and the liability) then by all means mark 'em up and have a folding-rig raffle.

Raffle rule ideas: Anyone who has folded over 2.5k pts for #32 is eligble for 1 raffle entry and shirt buyers get 1 entry per shirt (plus 1 entry if they have over 2.5k pts at end of raffle). Make the raffle 90 days to give n00bies (such as my self) a chance to accumulate the points (and stop anyone from crying about how the raffle was not "charitable" because you had to buy something). There could be door prizes too (case fans, other random PC parts, another folding shirt,) maybe some overclockers.com sponsors would jump on board if it got big?

Anyone else have ideas? Want to take it over? I know someone has better photoshop skillz. I am not jumping ship but this thread has not been very active. I want to stay involved and will do whatever (or everything) but maybe if a super-folder-god was in charge (or at least backing me/the idea) it would get more attention.

Linksep

i would be interested also....would be neat if you could make them on black and white T-****s....long and short sleeve too if theres a demand. i hate white T-shirts...i always seem to get them dirty :p

go with black, looks better i think. if you can do it in black i'd go for it too.

All right guys, if we are going to be serious about this, we need to do a couple poles to find out what the most common sizes, and sleeve lenghts we would want, we'd need an approximate design (for color amount on front and back) will it be full front and full back, or chest logo front and full back, etc.

I have done some researching for prices and such, I guess I can take over the logistics of this as far as my power within the forums will let me.

Something else to concider, we have overhead to deal with. We will need some money to order with. Perhaps we can get a fund going. Or I can get with the mods to get a pot together to get this started. If we all get this going together the shared costs at first will be very little, and we know they will sell ;) so our money will be returned shortly and procedes will start adding up. As far as procedes go. I think we will need to start a business acct or not-for-profit acct. If there are any accountants out there you could help here. If not, again I can investigate.

This is an exellent idea. It will help to spread the word and show what we are about. getting it going may be a bit difficult but lets stick it an make it happen. There are plenty of us with web hosting capability here (myself included) if we wanted to get a small, simple webby up for ordering purposes.

Anyhow. We need to start at the polls
-sizes
-sleeve length

and lets get a good idea of honw many colors we would be dealing with (this can effect costs dramaticly).

PM me with all thoughts and rotton fruit guys. I want to see this happen!:p

Maybe a better design would be good :/

IMHO that kinda, well doesn't look nice..

If you want something, you want something which looks cool. and doesn't label you a geek :/

I ordered 2 tshirts last time this was done. The design that was used did not work well on black tshirts. We were warned ahead of time but I like to avoid white thirts as well so I got one white and one black anyway. Once you're set on your design you might want to order just one to see how it turns out if thats possible and then go from there. I still have both the white and the black but the black just looks like somebody slipped up in the middle of the process.

Mnet_Gaming said:
Maybe a better design would be good :/

IMHO that kinda, well doesn't look nice..

If you want something, you want something which looks cool. and doesn't label you a geek :/

i agree and i dont agree. i agree in that a better design would be in order.... on the other hand, im proud that im folding for team 32 and id be glad to show it off. if the design were right, it would look best on black.

btw, in your sig, you can only have links to Folding, SETI, or the 3D mark team and nothing else. see sig rules here

Back