• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Want to use mobiles in SMP but scared of the mods? Try this!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So this thing adjusts the multipliers d\so you don't have to keep taking the HS off and chip out to up the multipliers w/ the wire mod?

Actually this thing might be usefull, I just got two Mobile 2600 chips, tested them in the single to run at 2600 mhz at 1.725 vcore rock solid stable.
But I can not get the mutli to 16 on one of them
its default was l::ll which is 5.5 x I blew the last bridge on the L3 to make it l::l: to be 14x and that worked fine.
Now I blew the second L3 and its l:::: but I can not connect the 3rd one for 16 x.

I have a question, does this TMC thing allow multi settings even when bridges are connected?

And for some reason my asus A7M266D won't start if the mobile 2600 is set to 17 x or higher, I am running bios 1010, should I try going down one level to 1009?

Thanks

Actually this thing might be usefull, I just got two Mobile 2600 chips, tested them in the single to run at 2600 mhz at 1.725 vcore rock solid stable.
But I can not get the mutli to 16 on one of them
its default was l::ll which is 5.5 x I blew the last bridge on the L3 to make it l::l: to be 14x and that worked fine.
Now I blew the second L3 and its l:::: but I can not connect the 3rd one for 16 x.

I have a question, does this TMC thing allow multi settings even when bridges are connected?

And for some reason my asus A7M266D won't start if the mobile 2600 is set to 17 x or higher, I am running bios 1010, should I try going down one level to 1009?

Thanks

it's my understanding that in order to run 512kb cache chips with the a7m266-d board you will need this bios:

http://www.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=A7M266-D&Type=All&SLanguage=en-us

it's the beta 1011 version...(if the link doesn't take you directly to the right file)

it may also be required for 17 and higher multipliers...

Hey THX a LOT man.

I never even noticed that version of bios.

This place is DA BEST. :)))))))))))))))))))))))

I am typing this from work, but as soon as I get back home, I will give that a run.

I do have one more question.

Since I disabled the mobile function (cut 3rd L5) now both chips won't work on my Abit NF7 S 2.0 board but the one with 16 x multi works on the Asus A7M266D. At first I thought that I destroyed both chips, but I know for a fact that the 16 x chip exhibited strange behavior when I had it at 17 x multi, then I closed a bridge and it now runs on the dual board.
Should I be concerned or did someone here run into an issue like I did?

Hey THX a LOT man.
I never even noticed that version of bios.

Since I disabled the mobile function (cut 3rd L5) now both chips won't work on my Abit NF7 S 2.0 board but the one with 16 x multi works on the Asus A7M266D. At first I thought that I destroyed both chips, but I know for a fact that the 16 x chip exhibited strange behavior when I had it at 17 x multi, then I closed a bridge and it now runs on the dual board.
Should I be concerned or did someone here run into an issue like I did?

on that bios...i was reading over at 2cpu.com and some of the asus a7m266-d users had gotten the 512kb mp's and said they had to use that bios to get it to work...AND they had to disable MP checking in the bios for it to work...but both cpu's show up in task manager, etc...and it is SMP capable

on the other question...i'm not sure i understand the problem...but it might have something to do with that nf7 board not liking low default multipliers...which i believe happens when you cut the 3rd l5 bridge to get rid of the mobile function...but you can use the pin mod on the sockets to get different multipliers...

Back