• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WU Restart

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RussianMissile1

Registered
my main rig is doing project 847. it has gone through the same project about 8 times now, each time ending a few frames before completion with "client-core communications error" this computer is overclocked but 100% stable (it has run 1 week F@H straight with no errors/crashes)

deleting all the current WU files didnt help, it down loaded the same exact thing, worked up to 96%, then gave me the error.

how can i get the client to download a new project?

847 is indeed problematic protein .. on another thread I mentioned where my 2.3Ghz would be unstable on this particular protein, but chew through others for few weeks 24/7 ..

to remove it, just shut down your f@h, then goto your f@h directory, and delete the work folder .. that's it. when the client starts and it can't find the work folder, it will download a new one.

Back