• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

possible solution to ic7 series temp bug

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shortbus_

i noticed my temps were really high today, like 70*C load, so i rebooted and went into bios to check it out. i was watching the pc health thing and i noticfed my temps were going from about 58*C down to 43 and back up. it would stay at 55 most of the time and sometimes drop down to 43. i also noticed that the system fan speed would go from 5000rpms to 0. when the temps were 58 the fan speed was 5000 and when the temps 43 the fan speed was 0. so i decided to unplug the fan to see what would happen.... 43*C :D

im not sure why, but the fan in SYST FAN1 located in the upper left corner of the board was messing everything up.

is it bad to plug case fans directly into the motherboard?

if other people have had the same temp problems try unplugging any case fans and see what happens. this could have just been a fluke but who knows.

I'll give it a try, but the best thing I ever did was uninstall MBM from my system.

I was like a crack head allways watching my temps and wondering if they were real or an Abit fluke and if I should be worried. Things are stable so I removed MBM and I feel like a new man :) :D

shortbus_ said:
i noticed my temps were really high today, like 70*C load, so i rebooted and went into bios to check it out. i was watching the pc health thing and i noticfed my temps were going from about 58*C down to 43 and back up. it would stay at 55 most of the time and sometimes drop down to 43. i also noticed that the system fan speed would go from 5000rpms to 0. when the temps were 58 the fan speed was 5000 and when the temps 43 the fan speed was 0. so i decided to unplug the fan to see what would happen.... 43*C :D

im not sure why, but the fan in SYST FAN1 located in the upper left corner of the board was messing everything up.

is it bad to plug case fans directly into the motherboard?

if other people have had the same temp problems try unplugging any case fans and see what happens. this could have just been a fluke but who knows.

I dont think that is the problem. I am on h20 and have no case funs pluged in on my ic7-max3 and abit is reporting my temps as 31c. This is with a water chiller btw.

Back