• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A Guide on How to Mount A D-Tek White Water with Pics [retired sticky]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

extreme

Registered
Retired Sticky

I have seen a lot of people come to this forum and ask "how do i mount my white water block (including myself). This guide is for you if you dont know how to mount the white water.

This guide is for Intel Motherboards!

Step 1

The first thing you need to do is take off the plastic heatsink cage that comes stock with the motherboard. I am not going to go into detail about how to take this off. I dont have any pics at this time either.

Step 2

Take the Mounting Plate and the 4 long screws. Take the 4 long screws and screw them in with you hand on the mounting plate. Here is what the mounting plate and the 4 long screws looklike.

1.jpg

This is what you should have when you have finished this step.
2.jpg

In this pic i have circled in red the countersunk holes that you screw in the screws to.
3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Step 3

Now take the 4 Socket screws. They look like this.
4.jpg

Grab a allen wrech, one that fits the screw. Take the mounting plate and locate the last countersunk holes. Put the screws in the countersunk holes. They go in farily easy. Next, take 4 nylone washers and put them on the socket screws that you just put in. It should like like this.
5.jpg

Now Gentely take the mounting plate with the screws and nylon washers and set it in the holes that you took out the Stock heatsink cradle. Finally flip the motherboard over gently (you may have to hold the mounting plate so it will stay on the motherboard) and install the nylon nuts to the bottom of the socket screws that you just installed. Get the nuts snug. It shoud look like this.
6.jpg

A top view.
7.jpg

Last edited:
Step 4

Now take the White Water waterblock and set it on the mounting plate. Should look like this.
8.jpg

Take the last 4 nylon washers and set them on the waterblock. They thread threw on the long screws. Here is a pic.
9.jpg

Next take the 4 springs. Place them right ontop of the 4 nylon washers. Looks like this.
10.jpg

Finally take the golden color nuts and screw them down just till the hit this spring. Now Go in a X pattern and screw each nut down 5 times until you get the springs all they way compressed. Here is a pic with the nuts screwed on.
11.jpg

There you have it. You have mounted your White Water waterblock. Enjoy it, enjoy your temps :)

Any question or comments are appreciated.

Last edited:
I finally got my WC system installed in my computer using the White Water block. I initially had a problem that my computer would not boot up at all, not even into the BIOS. It turns out that the WW metal mounting plate was grounding out something on my IC7-G mobo. I think it was one of the MOSFETs located along the top edge of the mobo. I fixed the problem by removing the metal mounting plate and putting electrical tape over the entire bottom of the plate. I then reinstalled everything, and it booted into the BIOS just fine.

I watched my CPU temp for about 5 minutes, just to make sure that the waterblock was making good contact with the CPU. It appeared to be working just fine. Unfortunately, I did not have time last night to install my HD's and actually get the computer up and running. Hopefully, I will be able to do that tonight.

Thanks again for the directions and pictures. They definitely made the process go a lot smoother and quicker.

This thread actually has pics. ToasterOven has the setup correct, I forget what his issues were. The first two pictures are essentially how the WW and mounting block go together.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=273211&highlight=micro*

I vote the above thread replaces this one in the sticky section. At least it has pictures as a guide. Visualizing how the hardware was the toughest part of the install, as the directions were clear as mud for me.

Last edited:
Hey guys im sorry about the pics being down. I ran into some problems affording hosting and other faimly problems. I will get the pics back up soon as posible. Once agian i am sorry guys.

extreme said:
Hey guys im sorry about the pics being down. I ran into some problems affording hosting and other faimly problems. I will get the pics back up soon as posible. Once agian i am sorry guys.
Upload them to the OCF server, or Im sure someone can host them for ya.

9mmCensor said:
Upload them to the OCF server, or Im sure someone can host them for ya.

Its all good now, got them back hosting on my site. I promise you this one, it shouldnt go down.

Back