• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$85 2400+ mobile for SMP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
These seem like a good deal for SMP.

They are Barton cores and have the full 640kb of L1+L2 cache.
They run at a default vcore of 1.45v.
They are 133 FSB CPU's at 1.8Ghz

I haven't found anyone who has tried them yet in SMP. But a few people have broached the subject recently.

In this thread at 2cpu.com, a guy named jeepman mentions his dual 1600+ mobile CPU's that run 1.5v default vcore in a Tyan 2460. Interestingly, he also uses CPUFSB to overclock the FSB on that board to 140.

http://forums.2cpu.com/showthread.php?threadid=11195&highlight=mobile

I'm pretty much sold on getting 2 of these low voltage Bartons and trying them out in my new duallie.

Last edited:
I personally would go for it..As far as being SMP ready it would seam to me they should be but if not a simple bridge mod should fix them..

I'm VERY interested to see how this works out... keep us up to date. These should run 150FSB no sweat, being Bartons?

-Rav

Wow that sounds like a sweet deal. Let us know how they turn out if you go that route

that is incredible! Mobile chips are the cream of crop. They take the ones that can handle incredibly low voltages and high heat and still perform (they're put into laptops after all). The fact that's it's a barton makes it even sweeter! Can I ask who your source is? I would love to get try a set of these!

awsome! I hope they pop up in Europe soon.

I just realised that they cost less than 2500+.

I wonder if they overclock more than the regular desktop chips.

From the specs, they should be pretty spectacular for overclocking purposes, as they are running at faster than 2500+'s speed, at a mere 1.45v.

I'm surprised they are so cheap.

Last edited:
Newegg dropped the price $17 recently, probably because they are over-stocked.

Well hurry up and get us some results. :)

I'm a pessimist by nature, so I've gotta say that if the hardcore overclockers haven't been blabbing about how awesome these chips are already, then there must be something bad about them. We just haven't found out yet. I'd be interested in how they perform, both in single and dual configs.

Mark

well, I think it could be quite possible that people just haven't noticed them before.

I'm an optimist, and I hope Arkaine23 gets one to run at 2.6Ghz!

2Ghz on just 1.45v seems pretty promising.

Well mobile chips have always been kinda tucked away. I remember when someone tried a mobile XP1600+ and it was doing 2.1ghz while the AGOIA's were topping around 1.9-2.0

If only I had the money *sigh*

muddoctor and I are both considering these CPU's. I am out of cash at the moment, but will do get at least 2 of these in a couple of weeks. No one has reported results that I've seen so performance and compatibility still an unknown, though both factors look to be very promising...

Yeah, I'm real intrigued on the possibilities of how well these procs will run and overclock in a desktop board. If they can run 2.0 with only 1.575v vcore, just think what they might be able to do with watercooling and 1.85v. I think that I'm going to order 1 tonight since I have a KHA+ folding rig presently sitting without a proc anyways, since I robbed the 2100 out of it to run in my new Chaintech dually(which is running great, BTW). I'm going offshore for 2 weeks in a couple of hours but I'll have that proc waiting for me to work with when I get back in from work. If it proves to be successful in the KHA+ board, then I'll be ordering another 1 and will replace the 2 pally XP2000's in my Asus dually with them and really stretch their legs, so to speak.:D

Last edited:
I guess you will have some results posted when I get back in, huh Rav? I'm looking forward to seeing how things are going on them.:)

Fold On!

EDIT: I just ordered me one to experiment with when I get back in from work.

IMAGINE THE UNDERCLOCKING ABILITIES!!! :D

no really!

i'm seroius!

I will probably put a chip like this in a computer for my car. The chip will have to run near passive, with hardly any case flow. If anyone gets one of these, would they mind testing how low they can get the volts? .9v would be sweet!

FunkDaMonkMan said:
IMAGINE THE UNDERCLOCKING ABILITIES!!! :D

no really!

i'm seroius!

I will probably put a chip like this in a computer for my car. The chip will have to run near passive, with hardly any case flow. If anyone gets one of these, would they mind testing how low they can get the volts? .9v would be sweet!

[off-topic]

How much of a chip do you need for your car? I have a K6-2 500 MHz, running with a cheapo heatsink and Panaflo L1A @ 5V. The PSU also has a Panaflo L1A @ 5V, and the system runs a Seagate Barracuda IV, in an elastic suspension. The system is completely inaudible, in a quiet room, with no other noises. It is my communications server, running Smoothwall, and the only computer I have ever used that is truly silent. (Not quiet... silent!)

Back