• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official Final Fantasy XI Thread!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

|\/|oDdiC(_)$

Well, the time of wreckoning is upon us! FFXI comes out in 2 days:D Im makeing this thread to house questions, comments, and just general chat about Vana'Diel, and being a BETA tester, i hope that i can answer your questions! Who knows, we might even see eachother in game:attn: also, if you guys want, post what your going to be in-game.

eg.

Name: TenTako
Race: Elvaan/Male
Job: Monk
Sub: DRK Knight (ill switch it to main once i unlock it)

(i dont think tis too hard):rolleyes:

anyways, start with the questions! im all ears!;)

actually a day if u think about it! i gonna be a well rounded human to start with and see how the game turns out.

ConqueroR, its like normal final fantasy, but with moore options and way different gameplay ie: instead of running around and getting into a fight, by the screen melting away, you see the enemy right infront of you, and as such, can aviod them if you wish. I suggest going to www.ffxionline.com, im a member there, and over the years (cause ive been waiting over 2 years for FFXI to come out :)), ive lleared EVER so much!

So if i still didnt answer your question, think of a 3rd person game, with lots of magic, a very good story line (well, for an MMORPG, best in my opinion), and totallly AMAZING, and lifel-like sceneries, providing your comp can handle them :) ask me more!

DarkDraco said:
i gonna be a well rounded human to start with and see how the game turns out.

tell me what job youd like, and if u want, ill telll you what the best race would be for you :) better yet, think of it this way:

Humans - well rounded players, good for fighting, ok for magic.
Elvaan - as good as humans, but tougher (more HP), and stronger.
Mithra - Really sneaky, good speed, best for stealing (ie. thief)
Taru - Weak for physical fights, but amazing at magic.
Galka - Just look at them lol, theyre made to withstand attacks, lots of Hp, and lots of power, but really slow, and not agile.

**well rounded means good attack, good magic, good agility, and good defence.**

hope this helps!:D :cool:

Name: Kibo
Race: Mithria
Job: DRK/WAR, NIN/THF, PLD/WAR, SMA/WAR, MNK/DRK, BLM/WHM
City: Bastok
Server: ???
Linkshell: Big Hats Full Pockets (Maybe)

I'm a member at www.shadow-dragons.com
I wanted this since i first heard of it. (About a yr ago)
I hope I see you guys tomorrow (or the day after)
I'll post my server ASAP.
I'm most likely getting a WP to whatever server Shadow Dragons is "setting up shop" on. :D I just can't say enough about Vana'Diel except for....Mithria rule!!! (Gotta love cat-girls) ;)

DarkDraco said:
well, i changed my mind and im gonna be a taru/taru ninja

hope you know you cant be a ninja right from the begginning. To unlock these jobs:

Ninja
Dragoon
Summoner
Paladin
Dark knight
Bard
Samurai
Beast master
Ranger

You have to do special quests after lvl 20. Once these quests are complete, you may train for these jobs, starting at lvl 1.

Also, the normal jobs that you get at the begging are:

Warrior
Monk
Thief
Black Mage
White Mage
Red Mage

hope this helps out too!

* P.S.- if you want to be ninja, i wouldnt be taru, probably Mithra, or Elvaan, tarus are best for magic*

****ATTENTION**** we should use this thread to distribute World Passes, now to learn how to get one lol, i know everything except that lol :D

|\/|oDdiC(_)$ said:

hope you know you cant be a ninja right from the begginning. To unlock these jobs:

Ninja
Dragoon
Summoner
Paladin
Dark knight
Bard
Samurai
Beast master
Ranger

You have to do special quests after lvl 20. Once these quests are complete, you may train for these jobs, starting at lvl 1.

Also, the normal jobs that you get at the begging are:

Warrior
Monk
Thief
Black Mage
White Mage
Red Mage

hope this helps out too!

* P.S.- if you want to be ninja, i wouldnt be taru, probably Mithra, or Elvaan, tarus are best for magic*

The quest is at lvl 30.:D Tho chocobo quest is at lvl 20.

btw, a TT NIN wouldn't be that bad because they aren't significantly lacking AGI.

you find teh WP distributor and you buy one, he gives you a special code, you give it to a friend, they make a new character and they input the code and BOOM! They are on your server. hee hee.

Why dont they just make a new char on the server your on?

Whats the highest level?

How long does it take to get a lvl?

Is there "farming xp" like in other sucky mmo's?

ConquereR said:
Why dont they just make a new char on the server your on?

Whats the highest level?

How long does it take to get a lvl?

Is there "farming xp" like in other sucky mmo's?

Makeing a new char on diff servers isnt that simple. Once it picks your server, its stuck like that. All you can do is sit tight until someone gives you a world pass, which then allows you to enter a code, and then make a NEW character in that server.

The highest lvls are changed often. They are called caps. At the beggining, the servers have say lvl 30 caps, thus meaning you CANT lvl higher than lvl 30, until the cap is lifted, and a higher one is in place. This prevents people speeding through the game, and gives people a chance to catch up, and work together more.

Well, at the beggining (lvl 1) say you attack a worm (weak), youll get 50 EXP until you lvl up to lvl 2. Then if you kill the same kkind of worm, at lvl 2, youll get 35 exp, and so on, thats whym you go for tougher guys. And after each lvl, itll take more exp to lvl, like so:

lvl1 - 500 exp
lvl2 - 1000 exp
lvl3 - 1500 exp

and so on :rolleyes: bah, i want to lvl faster!

by "farming xp" i dont know what you mean, but im guessing shooting through the game, and becoming lvl 99 in 1 week, thats not the case, due to the caps like mentioned above, and lvling is also harder as you get further along. But not to worry, i thought it would be boring, well, it is, until lvl 10-15, thats when you should Party, and thats when the fun starts, because then its fun to do missions, quests, etc.

Hope this helps you out :)

Kibogaoka said:

The quest is at lvl 30.:D Tho chocobo quest is at lvl 20.

btw, a TT NIN wouldn't be that bad because they aren't significantly lacking AGI.

hehe sorry, too exciited:D :eek: ;) , but yeah, deep down i knew that lol :)

also, ninjas should be strong races, due to the lack of stregnth of the ninja, but the tarus AGI is also a plus, but in my oppinion, being taru ninja isnt worth it, unless you like seeing those little tarus legs run really fast with pimp *** katanas :) hehehe

By farming xp i mean...going afk in spawn of weaker monsters that give decent xp and let your char kill the stuff by itself.

Hows PvP? Thats really all im lookin for now days....

|\/|oDdiC(_)$ said:

Name: TenTako
Job: Monk
Sub: DRK Knight (ill switch it to main once i unlock it)

There are heavy name restrictions, you can only have 1 capital letter, there aren't any spaces, underscores, or hyphens allowed, no numbers, also no FF names are allowed. So your name won't work.

Name: Laoghaire
Job: Warrior
Sub: Paladin

Through the Character Make Trial I decided that this is the look I'm gonna use.
1006.jpg

I went on google and searched for a list of celtic names and found this, there are alot of good names on there.

well, my clan planned out everything a year ago and we know all the details on what to do. :)

MAKE WAY FOR DARK NEMESIS

Hi mates, I have one Q...

This should be my 2:nd MMORPG, thing is that I absolutely hated 1:st being SW:G
I'm SW fan and I still hated it... Nothing to do... How is this one ? Mind that I'm from Europe and will have to import the game and that costs!

Re: Re: Official Final Fantasy XI Thread!

Ryan0rZ said:

There are heavy name restrictions, you can only have 1 capital letter, there aren't any spaces, underscores, or hyphens allowed, no numbers, also no FF names are allowed. So your name won't work.

Name: Laoghaire
Job: Warrior
Sub: Paladin

Through the Character Make Trial I decided that this is the look I'm gonna use.
1006.jpg

I went on google and searched for a list of celtic names and found this, there are alot of good names on there.

i know that, its jsut how i like to spell it anywhere else, but i have had beta, and soon realised that :( it sort of sucks IMO.

Back