• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

quad GTx 285s CLASSIFIEDS in 4 way SLI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neuromancer

Kal-El from Overclockaholics and xtremesystems has the new classified board, and 4 285 classifieds just arrived at his door for some record setting 3dMark runs no doubt :)

EDIT: Removed link to thread at overclockaholics.com It is not setup for public viewing.

First video is up. Currently he is testing each card singly.

These 285c's seem to OC pretty well on air

Tomorrow we will find out how well they scale in 4SLI. LN2 pickup also happening tomorrow

Last edited:
the cards showed up on the net few weeks ago , am not sure if they ever get realeased , the point i was making, this is pointless since new generation cards are getting released by the companies or already been released, these will have no value in few weeks .

I get it, your a price/performance guy like myself.

It was new to me, been seeing the advertisements around, thought someone might like to see the results as they come out. Instead of reading an ES/Cherry sample review.

Sorry to say but 4-way SLI with the 285 just wont cut it. With a total of only 5.6 billion transistors between the graphics cards that's still not enough for 1 transistor per person on Earth.

Fail.

Apparently that forum is so awesome that I have to register just to see the pics. I'll pass.

Bah. I checked and made sure the forum was visible, forgot to drill down to the thread itself I guess.

No one seems interested anyway, will PM a mod to delete thread

Bah. I checked and made sure the forum was visible, forgot to drill down to the thread itself I guess.

No one seems interested anyway, will PM a mod to delete thread

Interested? I would love 4 way SLI with 4 285's... i would be more interested if somebody had done it and crunched some numbers... that would be sweet!!

Interested? I would love 4 way SLI with 4 285's... i would be more interested if somebody had done it and crunched some numbers... that would be sweet!!

Thats what Supes is doing over at OCA . He is in single card testing right now, has a video up for just.

Rather then PM a mod for deletion, I will just edit the first post.

The month old thread linked above is only discussing the paper launch. This is the first I have seen it in the wild :)

Thats what Supes is doing over at OCA . He is in single card testing right now, has a video up for just.

Rather then PM a mod for deletion, I will just edit the first post.

The month old thread linked above is only discussing the paper launch. This is the first I have seen it in the wild :)

Why is he only testing a single card? I take it that he is doing a comparison of single card ---> SLI ---> Tri-SLI ---> Quad SLI to get a good measure of the scaling?

He is testing EACH card singly. Any issues or problems found on one card, will be harder to locate when you have 4 running. :) (So he knows whether XXXX happens because of a card, and not because of quadSLI

I am not sure of his "review" plans, I think he is more interested in trying to smash some records right now :)

He is testing EACH card singly. Any issues or problems found on one card, will be harder to locate when you have 4 running. :) (So he knows whether XXXX happens because of a card, and not because of quadSLI

I am not sure of his "review" plans, I think he is more interested in trying to smash some records right now :)

so would i with all that powa!! Whats the rest of his system? Please tell me a heavily OC'ed i7... :D

Hmm, not listed in that thread, pretty sure he is running a Xeon W3450/3470 or something (not sure of the model number) Probably starting off with Air cooling for now, but he has DIce/LN2 so he will be running over 5GHz I am sure :)

Hmm, not listed in that thread, pretty sure he is running a Xeon W3450/3470 or something (not sure of the model number) Probably starting off with Air cooling for now, but he has DIce/LN2 so he will be running over 5GHz I am sure :)

I cant wait for this!!

biggest turn off for me on a forum

if its good ill register. if i have to register to see pics ill pass

Don't bother. Seriously! Not only do you have to register to view *ANY* thread, but you have to be referred by a member in good standing. If you do not have a referral, you have to PM an administrator after registering to plead (no exaggeration!) your case to be allowed entry. WTH!? Either they have gotten spammed HARD in the past or they think very highly of themselves!

Back