• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

coolIT domino A.L.C. experiences?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am on my second Eliminator and the pump on it too has become very noisy as I described in a post above. That is the bad news. The good news, that more than compensates for the bad pumps, is the outstanding customer service Coolit Systems has.

May will be two years since I purchased the Eliminator. They replaced it late last May, without any issue, even though the warranty expired a few weeks before I called them. I spoke with them today and again they were willing to do whatever is necessary to resolve my problem.

They apparently do have a problem with the pump. Thet feel the pump bearings are prematurely failing because of the higher heat load imposed by multiple core CPUs; a load they were not designed to handle. I do not know if I agree with this but it does not much matter to me because of their willingness to keep their customers happy.

Good customer service is every bit as important as the product itself.

OldSkool,

here is the coolit lineup for pelt chilled self contained units...not including the Boreas

Coolit Eliminator, 4 teacs drawing 40 watts (the least powerful of the line, not marketed at all for multiple core cooling)

Original Freezone, 6 teacs drawing 56 watts (original self contained unit, first one to market)

Coolit Elite, 6 teacs drawing 72 watts

I did not say specifically the Eliminator can't cool dual or quad (go to the Coolit Forums and read some of the stories RE: cooling problems and Quads), obviously you have a cool running CPU for the temps you are getting (42*c full load) and the vcore (1.50) you mentioned, even my full load temps with a Freezone and a radiator exceed your 42*c claims (46* to 48*c is what I am running @1.475 vcore, before rad, just kept climbing till shutdown @full load).....

I still stand by my statement, the Eliminator is not designed for heavy clocking of Quad cores (you seem to be the exception), but it should be able to handle a mild/moderate dual core clockage just fine depending in volts used and the how a particular CPU heats up....

And, may I ask, what program are you using to get your rig to full load temps? full load can vary greatly depending on the stress proggie used....

And, even though I added a radiator, it is still a 'closed loop' unit, just an added radiator to the mix.....if I want to purge air bubbles I have to open up the pump's hex nut to burp and fill when the pump is the high spot in the loop, just like a regular unit from the factory...and I have changed fannage to help with the cooling so your temps are even more impressive (replaced the 92mm 65cfm unit with a 120mm 75CFM s-flex w/fluid dynamic bearings, nice and quiet at full load)....same for the radiator, replaced a 47CFM unit with same another S-flex, this one in only 64 CFM, but it is quiet and works nice...

laterzzzzz................

Last edited:
OldSkool,

here is the coolit lineup for pelt chilled self contained units...not including the Boreas

Coolit Eliminator, 4 teacs drawing 40 watts (the least powerful of the line, not marketed at all for multiple core cooling)

Original Freezone, 6 teacs drawing 56 watts (original self contained unit, first one to market)

Coolit Eliminator, 6 teacs drawing 72 watts

I did not say specifically the Eliminator can't cool dual or quad (go to the Coolit Forums and read some of the stories RE: cooling problems and Quads), obviously you have a cool running CPU for the temps you are getting (42*c full load) and the vcore (1.50) you mentioned, even my full load temps with a Freezone and a radiator exceed your 42*c claims (46* to 48*c is what I am running @1.475 vcore, before rad, just kept climbing till shutdown @full load).....

I still stand by my statement, the Eliminator is not designed for heavy clocking of Quad cores (you seem to be the exception), but it should be able to handle a mild/moderate dual core clockage just fine depending in volts used and the how a particular CPU heats up....

And, may I ask, what program are you using to get your rig to full load temps? full load can vary greatly depending on the stress proggie used....

And, even though I added a radiator, it is still a 'closed loop' unit, just an added radiator to the mix.....if I want to purge air bubbles I have to open up the pump's hex nut to burp and fill when the pump it the high spot in the loop, just like a regular unit from the factory...and I have added fannage to help with the cooling so your temps are even more impressive....

laterzzzzz................

Oh wow, I had no idea that there were two versions of the eliminator. I took my temps for granted I suppose. Thank you for all the helpful information :beer:

my bad, correction made, sorry, typo caused by rush to post, i will go and stare at a wall for a few....

eliminator>freezone original>elite,

and, again, what program for full load temps????

laterzzzzz.............

my bad, correction made, sorry, typo caused by rush to post, i will go and stare at a wall for a few....

eliminator>freezone original>elite,

and, again, what program for full load temps????

laterzzzzz.............

Stressed with Prime, Temp from RT

I'll dig up a SS tonight

Guys, did you even look up the system he is talking about? I did and it's the el-cheapo system, without any tecs or anything and sells for around $80. The cooling system consists of a regular waterblock and single fan rad, with no tecs or anything and according to the specs, draws 8 watts of power.

Here is the link to the system he posted about. You all keep going on and on about the eliminator and elite and whatever and you might confuse him referencing those higher priced cooling systems and make him think this starter kit will perform well.:rolleyes:

Guys, did you even look up the system he is talking about? I did and it's the el-cheapo system, without any tecs or anything and sells for around $80. The cooling system consists of a regular waterblock and single fan rad, with no tecs or anything and according to the specs, draws 8 watts of power.

Here is the link to the system he posted about. You all keep going on and on about the eliminator and elite and whatever and you might confuse him referencing those higher priced cooling systems and make him think this starter kit will perform well.:rolleyes:

D'oh

no worries! i have followed the thread from the beginning. i understand the a.l.c. is the cheapo without any tec's...

i have modified my approach to understanding whether or not the freezone/eliminator would meet the specs that i would have for a cpu cooler that i am going to use...

i don't have the coin to spend on the elite, but i might be able to afford a freezone. because the eliminator is no longer produced, i don't feel like that is a viable option for me. i don't want to be stuck not being able to fix it if i can't return it.

i can't imagine that the freezone would do a worse job than a high end air cooler like the TRUE, or at the very least a Zalman 9700LED that i currently have...

i know that i am not going to get ln2 or di temps with the freezone, but i can't imagine that it won't let me have the highest stable clock of at least a cheapo watercooling system like a thermaltake big water and even imagine it could compete with a baseline swiftech kit...

are these thoughts off base?

muddocktor,

mentioned that it is not recommended for a Quad or an I7 in my first long winded postage only a one line reference, yes, you are correct, things got off topic....

we were talking Coolit though, LOL...

laterzzzz.................

Some info on i7 and coolit elite

Hi ,

I already have a coolit freezone elite and I receive my i7 920 today. when I read what you say it looks like the elite will not do the job for oced 920. Can someone have number ,benchmark on that. I search a lot but find nada on that subject.

Thanks and sorry english is not my language.

I just purchased the Domino A.L.C. This thing is awsome. My CPU temp now stays around 80F. It use to stay around 114F (and above) I'm running a Phenom II 940 OC At 3.4 mhz (for now). The temp still stays between 70F and 80F. I have noticed that the temps can change according to the room temp as well, but over all I'm saticfied with this version of the CoolIt series. also this product has recieved numerous awwards for year 2009 year. I bought this one for around $70.00 at http://www.buy.com/prod/domino-a-l-c-cpu-cooler/q/loc/101/210440507.html
Good luck with your search ;)

I just purchased the Domino A.L.C. This thing is awsome. My CPU temp now stays around 80F. It use to stay around 114F (and above) I'm running a Phenom II 940 OC At 3.4 mhz (for now). The temp still stays between 70F and 80F. I have noticed that the temps can change according to the room temp as well, but over all I'm saticfied with this version of the CoolIt series. also this product has recieved numerous awwards for year 2009 year. I bought this one for around $70.00 at http://www.buy.com/prod/domino-a-l-c-cpu-cooler/q/loc/101/210440507.html
Good luck with your search ;)

F temps? 99% of the overclocker world uses C, and it's the standard. Nice link I use all the time.

http://www.eskimo.com/~jet/javascript/convert.html

And congrats, glad it's good for you I think. Ambient air temps is a key to final temps. 1C increase in ambient is 1C pretty much on load temps.

Conundrum, I'm aware of overclockers useing celsius instead of farenhiet, But I'm and old guy LOL. Us old guys were taught in school many many many years ago, to use F temps cause it was what americans do. I guess they thought it to be rebelus against old mother England or something. But any way the domino has two settings you can use one for you young guys and one for us old guys :)

So for you young guys my CPU is staying around 22c and 28c ;)

Last edited:
Back