• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte X48-DES5 BIOS F7 (Downclock)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Albertini

Hi how are you guys?

Well, I just bought this board and it runs smoothly on stock
without any problem.
But I can't change most of the values in the M.I.T. BIOS Menu :(

My CPU is Q6700 run at stock 2.66 GHz.

When I raise the fsb from "266" to only "267" and save my settings the system will boot for about 4 seconds and then restart again and change the value to the default aka 266 :confused:

What really ****ed me off is when I down clock my CPU fsb from "266" to "200" it will did the same and reset the value to the default :bang head

I paid about $270 for this board and I can't overclock it more ironically you can't even down clock it to a lower speed :eek:

What should I do? Is there any setting in the BIOS to stop that thing set my BIOS to default? Any jumper on the board?

please help me I feel like I've been robbed from Gigabyte :bang head

My old system "Gigabyte G31M-S2L" overclock easily and cost me only $53

Notes:
I disabled the EST and C1E of Intel Stuff
Power Supply is PC Power & Cooling 860 Watts
2 GB x 2 (Kingston Hyper-X 800)
Quadro FX1500 (doesn't use PCIe Power)
Gigabyte X48-DES5 BIOS F7 Rev. 1.3
Intel Q6700 G0

BTW, if I plan to change this board what's the best Asus X48 that can OC?

Thank you everyone :)

:welcome: !!!

first thing i would do is unplug the psu from the wall socket. then set the cmos jumper in the reset potion, then pull the cmos battery. then let it sit for about 30mins, after that put the cmos battery back in, put jumper back to normal postion, of course plug the psu back in. then start up the computer load the safe defualts, restart the computer, try ocing agian. as it sounds like something is going on when you try to save the settings, exactly what method are you using when tring to save the settings? there are 2 methods, one is just by hitting a key that saves and exits automaticly or do you just select from the menu "save and exit"?

Hi how are you "Evilsizer" :)

I usually use the "F10" Key and choose "Y" aka "Save and Exit"

I'll try your method and inform you if it works or not.

I'll try it this evening and see.

Thank you for your quick reply :)

im usually faster,LOL
i was watching some shows so i was slackin :D
yep np :thup:

:(

It's not working :bang head

Did someone try the BSEL Pin MOD on this board and successfully overclock it?

BSEL pad mods do not work on gigabyte boards. as many people as i have helped in pad modding all that tried on gigabyte boards. it just didnt work, the board would boot at the cpus stock speed as if it was never applied.

So what do you think?

Shall I switch to Asus?

which Asus X48 is good for me?

Thank you :)

well if your video card isnt PCIE them im confused why you want X38/X48 based setup. you would be better ocing the quad core on P35/P45, as X38/X48 is better at ocing dual cores, plus the x16/x16 for CF. i would prolly then tell you to go with the Asus P5Q-E or P5Q-Pro. as im not to sure on which X38/X48 based asus boards to suggest. i keep reading about some issues with them an ocing some cpus. if your really stuck on getting X38/X48 then i would go with a DFI based one or even the Foxconn blackops.

The store kindly replace my board and gave me a new one and guess what?

The new one is working :)

The old board has some small damage on the packaging corners
so I think the board has some issues cuz the packaging was damaged hence the board
itself was silently damaged too

Thank you Evilsizer for your help :)

BTW, I picked X48 cuz it supports 16X 16X PCIe.

I'm planning to either go CrossFire next month or buy a new nVidia GX2 or
Ati X2 for one PCIe Slot and the other Slot for my precious PNY Quadro FX 1500.

And when the Corei7 switch to 32nm, I'll pick DFi board for sure :)

Have a nice O.C. day everyone :)

Back