• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Striker II Formula CPU INIT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JorisS

Hey all,

have recently thrown in a lot of work building a new rig and keeping a project log of it (http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=25368). Once everything was assembled I ran into major problems with the rig though - initially the system was unstable, would boot sometimes, not on others. Had to flash the motherboard so it recognized the E8600, which it then did. I even came as far as installing Windows Vista 32-bits, but it ended with a blue screen. After that things got from bad to worse without any apparent reason - LCD poster would show less info but I still got BIOS up. It'd randomly freeze in the BIOS though. Then suddenly I got nothing more but CPU INIT and no post or anything. Haven't done anything with any settings other than memory voltage (2.1V for the Ballistix I'm using), was using anti-static strap at all times....

From a google search it appears that this is a common problem for these motherboards, I'm just wondering how it can get to this - I mean, at one point I managed halfway through a Windows installation :S

Anybody who's had similar problems and managed to fix it?

I've tried to contact Asus here in Sweden, but they don't have support for components :( Called to Asus Germany but they only do RMA from Germany and Austria. I purchased the board from eBay USA, complete with EK waterblocks - still waiting for the seller to send me a copy of the receipt, which he said he has and tried to email.

If I can't fix this (i.e. board is dead), would it be possible for somebody located in USA to RMA it? I.e. would it be of any value selling it as is, with the water blocks, to somebody in USA? If they can RMA it and get a brand new board in return it might at least get me some of the money back...

Any advice appreciated, kinda disappointed with Asus and the apparent impossibility of RMA'ing from Sweden :(

Best regards,
Joris, Sweden

Try Memtest

Had problems with a GA p35 + a Asus X48 and Ballistix.
Used only 1 stick of Ballistix to get MB up.
Had to try 3 sticks before i found 1 good one.
Ran memtest to find out i had more bad Ballistix.
Rma 2 sticks for the 3rd time.
I would only buy a high end MB from a well known form member.

Back