• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI LanParty Jr. P45-T2RS: New Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PolRoger

I've been wanting to build a smaller form factor box/rig for sometime now and NewEgg just had a one day sale for the Antec Mini P180. Now I just needed a m-ATX board to go in it and the DFI LanParty Jr. P45-T2RS seemed like the best choice. The board has been shipped and should arrive early next week. I'm going to look forward to seeing what this little board can do with a E8600 and some Patriot Viper DDR2-1200! I found this post/review by ZoLKoRn at XtremeSystems- http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=200605

Sounds good, idc for matx boards but i haven't really seen any benchies on that combo before and you have me curious. Looking forward to seeing the benchies! Let's see a solid OC :drool:

well just cause its MATX doesnt mean its going to be limted ocing wise.... DFI did the right thing by using P45 with a MATX form factor. Other newer MATX's use the G45 based chipset which has better ocing then the G3x's. however there is no replacement for a true P4x or P3x chipset.

My board came in yesterday morning and I've set it up on an open tech station for testing. My E8600 is being air cooled with a Xigmatek Red Scorpion HDT-RS1283 (with rentention bracket). I'm using an old OCZ-520ADJ power supply and ATI X800XL graphics card untill I decide what to get for this build.

The OS (XPsp3) was installed an I'm now up and running. I had my Patriot Viper PC2-9600 in to start off with and my first overclock was 430x10 1/1 DDR2-860.
I tried some higher memory speed overclocks using different dividers but my first attempts failed so after fooling around with the voltages a bit I decided to swap in my OCZ PC2-9200 to see how they would fare... with a slight adjustment to CPU vcore, the NB and VTT(fsb) were set around 1.2v, DDR was at 2.1v, and core ref gtl: 63/63 VTT everything else was default.

Attachments

• DFI LanParty JR- E8600- OCZ PC2-9200 CPUZ.png
    DFI LanParty JR- E8600- OCZ PC2-9200 CPUZ.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 1,550
I've been able to get 475 fsb but attaining 500 and higher has been more difficult than I first thought it would be. I've flashed to the latest official bios-0812 from what was loaded on my board-0725 and there is a newer beta-0912 that I'm also interested in trying.

Pressing F9 in the bios gives you the option to unlock the advanced memory timings menu. There are quite a few but two that caught my eye were the DLL and RCOMP settings. DFI describes them... "DRAM DLL table is a base for calculating clock delays: they are very important parameters for control singles (signals?) delivering between CPU, NB and DRAM." Also "RCOMP Values is NB chipset register, it is impedance relating, change it will help to match signal requirement when run into a higher DRAM speed." I'm hopeful that gaining knowledge about the proper implementation of these and the other advanced memory timings will unlock high fsb overclocks on this board.

Here is a link to DFI Club: http://csd.dficlub.org/forum/index.php
I also found this LanParty JR P45-T2RS Bios Setting Guideline: http://us.dfi.com.tw/Upload/BIOS/JRP45.pdf

There is a sticky at DFI Club by RGone on the LP JR DK P45 that has some Bios settings with OCZ Reaper PC2-1066 that I'm going to use a guide on my next overclocking attempt.

Last edited:
It has been a challenging last couple of days trying to familiarize myself with all the settings and more importantantly finding the right combination of settings to achieve high fsb overclock. I started off using some from RGone's DFI Club posting/sticky to try and work towards 500fsb and above with my 4GB kit of OCZ Reaper PC2-1066. Unfortunetly they didn't really transfer over that well so I found myself doing a rather slow trial and error to the many various bios settings. I was able to get up to 533 1/1 without MemTest errors and boot into windows but the overclock still was not OCCT-memory or Prime95-blend stable. I then decided to flash to the Beta 0912 Bios and I also swapped in my 2GB kit of OCZ PC2-9200. I continued with my trial and error adjustments and in time I began to find some that were working. The Beta Bios was a little frustrating in that failed overclocks would often hang instead of returning to stock fsb causing quite a few CMOS clears. I decided to flash back to the official 0812 and kept working at it. The 550 FSB overclock seems stable... I also ran Prime95 Blend for 3hrs. with out errors.

Attachments

• LP JR P45-T2R E8600 550FSB OCCT CROP.png
    LP JR P45-T2R E8600 550FSB OCCT CROP.png
    67.5 KB · Views: 1,482
  • LP JR P45-T2R E8600 550FSB CPUZ CROP.png
    LP JR P45-T2R E8600 550FSB CPUZ CROP.png
    51.5 KB · Views: 1,480
  • LP JR P45-T2R E8600 550FSB SuperPi CROP.png
    LP JR P45-T2R E8600 550FSB SuperPi CROP.png
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,473
Here is a 575FSB using the same settings as the 550FSB overclock but it needs more adjustments because it is not completely stable.

Attachments

• LP JR P45-T2R E8600 575FSB CPUZ CROP.png
    LP JR P45-T2R E8600 575FSB CPUZ CROP.png
    47.3 KB · Views: 1,491
  • LP JR P45-T2R E8600 575FSB SuperPi CROP.png
    LP JR P45-T2R E8600 575FSB SuperPi CROP.png
    62 KB · Views: 1,471
I've gone back this morning and tweaked my settings for 575FSB. I'm still using OCZ Reaper PC2-9200 and it is looking stable now after running 2hr OCCT Mix and 32M SuperPi.

Attachments

• LP JR P45-T2R E8600 575FSB OCCT CROP.png
    LP JR P45-T2R E8600 575FSB OCCT CROP.png
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,401
umm well its a P45 based board what did you expect... this isnt a G4x board....

lol, so very true! but the crap they crammed into this baby! if directron would of had this board i would of got it over the P5Q one thingy i got for ym HTPC but my e4400 only does 3Ghz anyways :(

My board came in yesterday morning and I've set it up on an open tech station for testing. My E8600 is being air cooled with a Xigmatek Red Scorpion HDT-RS1283 (with rentention bracket).

Nice OC. I've been looking at this board for my new e4600 and OCZ reaper PC6400 4gb, the quality of this might tempt me.

I wanted to find out which direction the HSF is mounted as I'm also planning on using the same one. I read the NB cooler can get in the way to mount the HSF so fan goes right>left, and most people seem to have mounted it so the fan is down>up.

Any chance of a pic please?

Lanparty JR: 600FSB

Last night I decided to try for 600 and with a few adjustments to my previous 575 overclock...

Attachments

• LP JR P45-T2R E8600 600FSB OCZ PC2-9200 CPUZ CROP.png
    LP JR P45-T2R E8600 600FSB OCZ PC2-9200 CPUZ CROP.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,536
  • LP JR P45-T2R E8600 600FSB OCZ PC2-9200 Super Pi Crop.png
    LP JR P45-T2R E8600 600FSB OCZ PC2-9200 Super Pi Crop.png
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,360
Nice OC. I've been looking at this board for my new e4600 and OCZ reaper PC6400 4gb, the quality of this might tempt me.

I wanted to find out which direction the HSF is mounted as I'm also planning on using the same one. I read the NB cooler can get in the way to mount the HSF so fan goes right>left, and most people seem to have mounted it so the fan is down>up.

Any chance of a pic please?

I hope this is clear enough.

Attachments

• DSC_0255.png
    DSC_0255.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,375
Wow, thats amazing stuff, if i am not wrong, that thing does 550 FSB on stock CPU vid ?
(Plz ignore my ignorance :p )
Also, could you tell whats the best overall clock you can manage for 24x7 use on this board at stock VID , and the temps you are getting under load .
Thx a lot

Wow, thats amazing stuff, if i am not wrong, that thing does 550 FSB on stock CPU vid ?
Also, could you tell whats the best overall clock you can manage for 24x7 use on this board at stock VID , and the temps you are getting under load .
Thx a lot

CoreTemp shows my E8600 has a VID of 1.25v and at stock speed it shows 1.20v in BIOS in my TPower (I haven't checked it in the Lanparty JR). If your chip doesn't have some kind of FSB wall then high FSB overclocks are more impacted by chipset/memory settings including voltages. High CPU vcore isn't always a requirement.

Thanks PolRoger90.

Looks sweet. The HSF looks a lot larger than I imagined but then again it is a 12cm fan. How is the clearance on the NB heatsink?

Many thanks

There is about 3/16" to 1/4" clearance.

Thx a lot

Your question about stock VID got me thinking about something I'd noticed while overclocking on this board. I was previously aware of some low CPU vcore results (compared to what I was used to with my TPower) I'd actually been bumping up my CPU vcore in the BIOS to make sure that it was getting enough and I was a bit puzzled by it at the time. I just went and checked VID with CoreTemp on the LanParty JR and it is showing my chip now has a VID of 1.150v and at stock speed the voltage being reported in the BIOS is even lower. The maximum vcore I have experimented with on both boards has been up to +0.250v. I find it very interesting that there is a difference in the reporting of CPU vcore using the same chip on two different motherboards.

Attachments

• DFI Lanparty JR stock CPUZ crop.png
    DFI Lanparty JR stock CPUZ crop.png
    51.5 KB · Views: 1,315
Back