• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

**OFFICIAL**CM690 Mods Thread!i!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

_D4VE_

Registered
Well i've decided to dedicate a thread specifically to all you CoolerMaster CM690 lovers/owners! If you have a Cm690, this threads for you! What the main idea is to share your mods/ideas of this case with the OCForums family to really show the potentional of this beauty of a case. its also to show your skills as a true Case modding master. So if your a owner of one of these cases and have done mods to it, post the pics here and how you actually completed the mod. Who knows this may open a door to an idea for your next mod, and help you become the owner of the ultimate CM690!

Also if your just a plain'ol CM690 owner and want to show your case/tricks/wire management/etc, feel free to post here too!

Last edited:
Well basically is a thread "officially" dedicated to CM 690 owners/mods since there really isnt one. Its easy to have just one forum for it than a whole bunch of random ones. It's also a good way for fellow owners to communicate and get ideas for their build. All in all its a thread of fun and showing off what you got.

Btw awesome mods citabria, i would say $500 just on cooling is really that cheep! Nice work bro. Good luck and hope u reach those low temps.

So whose got the sickest CM690 out there, post up those pics so we can see ;)

Last edited:
Sickest ??? I dont think so...Clean...Probably.

final1-1.jpg

final2-1.jpg

No Hoover vaccum cleaner here.

final3-1.jpg

Gotta keep that memory cool...Pre Windex smudges and fingerprints included !!!!!!

Picture9001.jpg

cm2.jpg

cm3.jpg

:burn:

Last edited:
Hookem,

just got the case, and when I set it up, put the psu fan facing down, and then saw your pics, and said oh so I put it wrong, and then see the other pic and see it facing down,

did you notice any difference? thx

sam

I have a question for CM690 owners.. can you fit an accelero s1r2 in it? I'm very sorry for being offtopic but I really have to find out :-S here is the size if anyone can do a little measuring.. 138(L) x 215(W) x 33(H) mm. Thanks.

I do not like power supply's mounted on the bottom pulling air off of the floor...It is a power supply...Not a Hoover vaccumm cleaner.

I just posted the wrong picture...I was trying to show people how I routed the power supply wires...Here is a thread that kinda goes through my progression of getting the case how I wanted it.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=557248

There are pictures of it and my AMD rig in the "Cable Managment" thread...That might be the one that goes from start to finish.

I feel it is much better set up this way...Believe me...I took it apart and put it back together way too many times to get what I feel is about as right as I can get a CM690.

Ditched the center cable management clips...All the power supply cables run through the opening right there on the back of the case...Probably the best cable management job I have done on a non-windowed case.

Not much showing except what absolutely has to...I was going to try some other stuff but decided I am really happy with the build...Killer case.

That rig is since gone...Looking at another Lian-Li to put my next build in...Still have my Lian-Li AMD rig...But it too is going...going...gone...Just sold the motherboard and processor and am putting together another Intel parts list.

I did not like the CM690 at first...But with a little work they really are nice cases.

Best bang for the buck case on the planet right now.

In my humble opinion.

I just like windowed cases with UV Black Light everything...So that is how my next build is going to be.

Picture141.jpg

Last edited:
Bad picture but here it is with the door off and the UV light's on but without the Vantec blue UV reactive PCI slot covers...Looks killer in real life with the door on...My camera and I do not get along.

Picture161.jpg
:burn:

Last edited:
Back