• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 280 Disappointment?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would too if it were the same price. $200 more for the same performance, no. Not gonna dew it. And the GTX260 is $400 and beat by 2x8800GT in SLI. Its funny I decided not to go SLI because I thought these cards would kick *** and to save money without going SLI but SLI seems to be the best bang/buck if you get two medium cards.

Where do folks get this "$200 more" thing from? MSRP for GX2 is $549, MSRP for GTX280 is $649....

EDIT: NVM, GX2's have came down in price in retail to $440ish...

Last edited:
I would too if it were the same price. $200 more for the same performance, no. Not gonna dew it. And the GTX260 is $400 and beat by 2x8800GT in SLI. Its funny I decided not to go SLI because I thought these cards would kick *** and to save money without going SLI but SLI seems to be the best bang/buck if you get two medium cards.
For those of us who are running Intel chipsets, SLI isn't an option. So the best single card will be the performance mark we are concerned with.

Back