• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need some help: my PC is acting strange

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well, one stick got 34 passes in memtest and no errors

i tired the other stick, and it got 12 passes and no errors

here's a question: when i ran memtest with both sticks in, and got errors, the errors were around "877mb"; i had my sticks in slots 3 and 4 on the mobo; does this mean that the stick in SLOT 4 is my bad stick????? you see what i'm saying?

i'm installing windows on a new hdd, and what i think is the good stick, now; i'll see how it goes

The ethernet controller, modem or router may have kicked the bucket!

the modem/wifi router is fine since the other computers on the network are fine; maybe could be my wifi card
http://www.xterasys.com/product/xn2525g.htm
i just install windows, turn PC off, then put card in, then let windows wizard grab the drivers off my install CD

that would be worth checking since it seems all my problems are internet-related, as far as i can tell; i'll see if i can get errors non-internet related; any good tests?

Here's a noobish question... Shouldn't the ram be in slots 1 and 3? I don't know how the slots are numbered tbh :confused: But they should be the same color for dual channel.I don't think that would cause errors, but I guess you never know. You could also try raising your Vdimm a tiny bit and see if that helps. Something gave you errors before. If it isn't the ram, maybe the mb?

actually it was in dual channel mode (BIOS says so); you use slots 1 and 2 or 3,4; they're the same color

burnintest runnning now and no errors forthcoming; will run memtest overnight again

burnintest doesn't seem to test mobo though

no errors in cpu, ram, hdd, and "network" so i'm guessing that means the wifi card is ok

Last edited:
looks like it may have been the wifi card; LAN seems to work; lucky me if it's that simple

Last edited:
Back