• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon HD3800 is Radeon HD2950!???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I bet they changed it so they can charge a whole lot more. :(

Exactly.. so.. when the nvidia 9XXX series comes out.. it should rape the ATI 3XXX series because.. its a 2XXX series remade... AMD/ATI is sounding more and more how Intel used to be... Reusing the same designs.. too lazy/poor to make a brand new one.... Yeah... 3XXX series will be a total rip off for performance probably.

Didn't AMD say that the 3000 line would be an upgraded/improved/optimised/fixed R600 with DirectX 10.1 and slightly higher performance-per-clock that runs signaficantly cooler thanks to halving the TDP... before the 2000 line was even released?

Sound like they're still on track when they realized the r600 would risk a train wreck but they could not afford to scrap it and re-engineer the whole architecture so they began work on the next lineup before the 2000 was even out?

Last I ckecked this new series of GPUs(I don't care for what they name it) looks to offer great performance / price and does not require me to run a 240volt to my computer.

reckon my DFI U-D skt939 will run these PCI-E 2.0 cards from ATi/nVidia????
It shure will. PCIe2 is just PCIe running at double the frequency and allows more power to be supplied through the bus.

You won't really have any use for PCIe2 unless you need a massive amount of bandwidth for Triple/Quad CrossFire :p

It shure will. PCIe2 is just PCIe running at double the frequency and allows more power to be supplied through the bus.

You won't really have any use for PCIe2 unless you need a massive amount of bandwidth for Triple/Quad CrossFire :p

Yah who came up with that idea? Talk about a major scam....

PCIE specs state up to 32 lanes per device. (Have you seen a mobo with a 32x slot? I havent) not to mention the fact that 3 years ago we were not saturating hte AGP bus... now all of a sudden the 16x slot is overwhelemed? I have not heard of anyone having problems even running 8x ...

PCIe 8x can slow down the 8800 / 2900 a fair bit, expecially when your framebuffer is full and you need a massive amount of bandwidth to call from system memory.
PCIe 8x is pretty much the same speed as AGP 8x
AGP has some significantly faster(then standard 8x) standards that can go almost as fast as PCIe 16x
The thing is AGP was becoming a mess and PCIe has a bright future because it's much more scaleable.
You don't want a bus to fall behind because that limits all hardware development.
I remember some of the earlier video cards actually waited on PCI because ISA was too slow.

Looks like the revised R600 is soo fresh it is going to be the 3000 line afterall.
http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2007/10/18/rv670-name

Last edited:
I dont read the forums for a day and name changes start happening, ive learned my lesson, lol. Cant wait to see some benches of these badboys, i only wanna spend ~300-400 for a new card so ill let nvidia and ati duke it out and the let the better man win, lol.

Back