• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Pentium Dual-Core E2140 Overclocking results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bail_w

E2140 Q651A298 3.0Ghz @ stock voltages 1.325 with stock cooler

untitled-4.jpg

3118 @ 1.35v

untitled2-1.jpg

3.2ghz @1.35v
3-3.jpg
untitled3.jpg

Last edited:
Stock is 200 x 8 = 1.6ghz. therefore, it is from 200 FSB -> 390 FSB with only .025v increase from stock voltage.

bail_w said:
Stock is 200 x 8 = 1.6ghz. therefore, it is from 200 FSB -> 390 FSB with only .025v increase from stock voltage.

where are you located? man those things are nice for dirt cheap. If only prices of the decent boards started going down. The S3 from gigabyte is still 100$ They need to bring it down to like 70$ and then thats a deal!

bail_w said:
California, i bought it from ewiz.com a couple days ago.

ohh same here, im from california... Damn Ewiz ran out of the E2140, only got E2160 left. How much did you pay? Currently the E2160 is at $100 USD + shipping + tax which kinda turns me away from it.

bail_w said:
i paid 89 + shipping + tax, but the results are wroth it.

I'll probably pick one up when they drop close to suggested retail, which i think is suppose to be around $70? Hopefully with the release of P35 boards the P965 should go down a little.

the P35 board already released, but i dont see any price drop on th P965 boards yet. maybe you should pick up a used P5B or biostar P965.

bail_w said:
the P35 board already released, but i dont see any price drop on th P965 boards yet. maybe you should pick up a used P5B or biostar P965.

I'm thinking of getting an Open Box Asus P5B-E from newegg. I don't know what it'll include though so thats what's keeping me back. Probably will come with some missing pins or something :p The vanilla P5B is going open box for 62$ which is pretty tempting.

nice clocks... from 1.6 to 3ghz thats redicolous!

When did intel release the E2xxx line... cus it was a pretty silent release. Clocks like these makes me think about the e4300 i never use thats sitting in the corner off... i wonder how high it clocks!

i mean your doing a 94% oc on + .025v THAT IS REDICOLOUS!

And i hope also that P965 boards drop in price... the one i got in the E4300 and mobo combo deal at frys is a huge POS... the thing skrews with my hd tv tuner.

what version of CPU-Z are yo using, I hear some versions are dodgy regarding those CPUs, adding 300-400 MHz onto the speed

that's nice...

put a bit better cooling on it and push some vcore

hope it clocks well for you :p

Looks like v1.40, you can see it at the bottom of the screenshots ;) I've found CPU-Z to be more reliable than anything else, but the only things that messes up others like CoreTemp is changing the multiplier.

3.0ghz+ is certainly not shabby for a sub $100 chip. Definitely looks more attractive for a budget OC than the e4xxx's. I'd like to see you hit 400mhz fsb with that puppy.

Back