• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Making XP looks better

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
^^^
I like that background.

Probably should post mine since it's skinned as well. Some of the icons are a bit different now but the idea is the same:

Windowblinds 5: Ares theme; Winamp is MMD3; Icon/folder editing

Here is mine. No skin applications to get this. Just a few tweaks and Loki style file.
Just replacing dll files as needed to get the look. I like to tweak how Windows runs myself and not be dependant on an application running. The XPize only needs to insert the proper dll files to get most the GUI fresher looking(showing two examples). Once that is done. You can remove it actually, leaving the changes. To bad one can't just get the dll files and insert them manually. Though defeats how easy the app is. There is a batch file called replacer that does the same thing. I could add a dock or two if I liked using them. Completing a 'near Vista like' look. Since, there is some things in the Vista look. I am not fond of, this works out nice for me.

[click to enlarge]

Back