• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD/INTEL price drop april 22nd

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ShadowPho said:
E4300 - $113... must....resist.....must....resists....can't....must... arrrgghhh

My wallet is going to go *oosh* :p

Looks like it is finally time to update my AW9D-Max! I've only been waiting since August!

I've been sitting on a Fry's GC, since Christmas, just for this CPU!

steve

From what Xbitlabs said, AMD is going for april 9th, and Intel is going later on the 22nd.

Anyone know what's happening to the s939 prices? Are they dropping similarly? Should I keep my s939 board?

Silvermirage said:
From what Xbitlabs said, AMD is going for april 9th, and Intel is going later on the 22nd.

Anyone know what's happening to the s939 prices? Are they dropping similarly? Should I keep my s939 board?

It was stated earlier in the thread that this shouldn't affect s939 prices :) The reason is that s939 is dead, and has been out of production since last last year. AMD quit shipping s939 processors in December.

amdprice.jpg

These are the april 9th price drops percents.

So after the price drops the 5600+ drops to 188.41
I wonder how that will compare to the e6400.

i picked up the brisbane 3600+ x2 for $65 shipped... i can't see how low it can possibly go... but curious to see. :D

g0dM@n said:
i picked up the brisbane 3600+ x2 for $65 shipped... i can't see how low it can possibly go... but curious to see. :D
does this brisbane really have incompatible issues with BioStar boards ? or update bios would fix it?

kevinN said:
does this brisbane really have incompatible issues with BioStar boards ? or update bios would fix it?
i'll let you know when i hook it up... i wouldn't be able to update the bios unless it's the same version bios chip as my dfi nf4s... i'd have to hot-flash if what u say is true... which i hope i don't have to cuz i've no idea what chip they're using.

g0dM@n said:
i'll let you know when i hook it up... i wouldn't be able to update the bios unless it's the same version bios chip as my dfi nf4s... i'd have to hot-flash if what u say is true... which i hope i don't have to cuz i've no idea what chip they're using.

subscribed !

Hakker said:
So after the price drops the 5600+ drops to 188.41
I wonder how that will compare to the e6400.

you don't have to wonder. it will be the e6420 vs the 5600+. the e6420 has 4mb of cache for $183. basically, you could compare an overclocked e6600 to an overclocked 5600+ right now to determine the difference.

What does EOL mean on the main page price lists & how come FX-62 isn't included in the price drop lists!?

I did some research on the x2 6000 selling for $300 at ncix.com. It is comparable to the E6600 but the e6600 is still a better chip.

The x2 3600/3800 is comparable to the e4400 price wise but again Intel is really spanking AMD performance-wise. At these prices why not buy an intel main system and have a backup AMD system lol

noobtech said:
What does EOL mean on the main page price lists & how come FX-62 isn't included in the price drop lists!?

EOL = end of life. That means the chip will no longer be produced / sold.

Back