• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Armor's internal temps only .03 above room ambients

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leojharris

Scythe Infinity exhaust duct project ...

i'm going to be doing a ducting project with a scythe infinity and at first i was considering ducting fresh air IN to my armor case and straight to the scythe infinity ...

but, after measuring the ambient temps inside my room versus the ambient temps inside the armor case ... i think i'm going to focus on simply ducting the hot air *out* of the case.

:)

i have a thermometer with a 15' wire sensor and for kicks i opened my case and ran it into the center of the cases interior and then closed the case with the wire sensor inside it. i ran the system idle for 30 minutes and check the temps: 23.5 degrees celsius.

i then removed the extendable sensor from the inside of the case and hung it from my desk near the computer and outside of the case interior; i let the computer idle for 30 minutes: 23.3 degrees celsius.

so, apparently and at least at continuous idle temps, the internal case ambients are a mere .02 degrees above my room ambient temps.

just an interesting little bit of temp testing i just completed .... thought some of you might find it interesting ...

by the way, considering the effectiveness of the armor at getting room ambient temp air to my cooler ... this is the ducting project i'll be doing once my ducting materials arrive in the mail:

duct.gif

happy holidays!

Last edited:
yup my lian li v2000b is the same way... i have a temp probe at the top center of the case about 4 inches from the very top.... temp difference between it and outside is rarely over 1*F... so what is that like less than a *C and its not like i have a fan blowing right on that temp sensor... its probably pretty stagnant up near the top.

nd4spdbh2 said:
yup my lian li v2000b is the same way... i have a temp probe at the top center of the case about 4 inches from the very top.... temp difference between it and outside is rarely over 1*F... so what is that like less than a *C and its not like i have a fan blowing right on that temp sensor... its probably pretty stagnant up near the top.

that looks like a nice case; was just doing some online research on it ...

like the armor full tower, it seems to be just about top to bottom perforated ... i think that is why the ambients are so good ...

even the bottom of my armor is perf'd with holes; the 250mm side window is also very effective at quietly getting cool air to the MB and other components ...

a little extra $ spent on one's case can make a big temp. difference ...

nice temps mate :thup:
nice case too :thup:
nice diagram ;)

cant wait to get my infinity & mess with it. Good luck with the ducting :beer:
I picked looks over function so now I have to do modding to make sure the temps inside the case are ok. Everytime I look at the case, I dont regret buying it ;)

enz660 said:
nice temps mate :thup:
nice case too :thup:
nice diagram ;)

cant wait to get my infinity & mess with it. Good luck with the ducting :beer:
I picked looks over function so now I have to do modding to make sure the temps inside the case are ok. Everytime I look at the case, I dont regret buying it ;)

so what's the ETA on your infinity cooler? i've seen mention of your order before this particular post ...

post some details once you get it installed.

are you going to do the pressure-mount mod?

leojharris said:
so what's the ETA on your infinity cooler? i've seen mention of your order before this particular post ...

post some details once you get it installed.

are you going to do the pressure-mount mod?

yeah I have been talking about it a lot. I was waiting for noctua fans to be released on jab-tech (which they were today) but I finally got sick of waiting and just ordered it with MUCH cheaper yate's. I will do the pressure mount (with a backplate), lap it, probably lap my cpu some more until its a perfect finish, bend the fins so they will resemble the ultra-120's, and mount two yate loons in push/pull config. I dont know what type of temps I will bet, but I will have a VERY detailed review of how every modification improves performance. From the UPS tracking info, my guess is that I will have everything monday. Tuesday I have off from work so all testing will be done then. But who knows, I might get lucky and get everything tomorrow! (package is in MA now, I live in CT). I still have a ton of stuff to do to my case too :(

Last edited:
Thats the xazer armour case correct? if so the interior of my case is also slightly cooler than room temperature.

castroman said:
Thats the xazer armour case correct? if so the interior of my case is also slightly cooler than room temperature.

not sure what the xazer is ... maybe the water cooled armor? it *is* a thermaltake armor, with the 250mm side panel fan.

leojharris said:
a little extra $ spent on one's case can make a big temp. difference ...

QFT X 10 the case IS the computer... its the foundation of the computer. make it nice and the rest will fall perfectly into place... the way i have my V2000b plus 2 setup is amazing... i have a Scythe kama bay with a yate loon in the lower 3 cd drive bays... the cool air flows right along the partition... hits the yate loon on my ultra 120, then the air gets sucked out the back yate loon... this is all in literally a straight line... i LOVE my case... the armour is pretty cool but the width inside is a lil lacking for me at lease... heck i have a lil box in the bottom of my V2000b for extra parts and junk...

nd4spdbh2 said:
then the air gets sucked out the back yate loon... this is all in literally a straight line... i LOVE my case... the armour is pretty cool but the width inside is a lil lacking for me at lease... heck i have a lil box in the bottom of my V2000b for extra parts and junk...

V200b > very sick case.

also, all my xtra fans and ducting just arrived. st0ked.

what sort of material do you guys think would make for a good means of sealing up the sides of the infinity cooler?

i think the dual fan duct as illustrated at the top of my original post will increase temps a bit ... but i think sealing the infinity on top and bottom would even make the exhaust duct more efficient.

i'll post some pics and temps later tonight once i get it set up and tested.

Last edited:
stoke:

duct_ship.jpg

the thermalright ducting is going to work perfectly i think; it was originally made with one end molded to fit one of their own coolers but i'm going to get out the scissors and cut it so it will bolt/zip tie directly flush with the exhaust port of the case.

Back