• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is your conroe and Asus P5B-Deluxe Wifi not capable of 500FSB? Read This!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dominick32

Senior Solid State Aficionado
Well, I finally got my rig to boot and not freeze the bios at 500 FSB +.
CPU - E6600 Retail @ 4.32Ghz Week 25
RAM - Corsair PC8500 2X1GB 1200 mhz capable 5-5-5-15, 2.4volts
Mobo - Asus P5B-Deluxe Wifi with Bios 614

I pretty much tried everything for the last week or so and it would freeze up the bios on me, than require me to wait a few minutes for asus auto overclocking failure feature to kick in. 499 mhz FSB would be, but anything over 500 would freeze the bios no matter what Ive tried. Over here I have been hearing many similar stories to my own.

Pre-requisite:
1. Update to 614 Bios
2. Make sure you are using 1:1 memory setup with no dividers.

Finally, the only thing that worked for me was a simple voltage adjustment to 1.80 volts on the Southbridge, weird huh??? I always tried automatic voltage on SB and also up to 1.70volts, but never 1.80. Well what do you know? The one adjustment that I dont try creates complete stability. I would urge anyone with this mobo having problems getting over 500 FSB to definitely select manual and raise SB voltage to 1.80 volts. Be sure you have decent case air cooling to prevent any heat incidents.

Right now I am cruising the XP desktop with full stability @ 500 FSB. Give me some time to push her further. :) :D

More results to follow.

Attachments

• 500fsb.JPG
    500fsb.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 375
Rattle said:
nice I also freeze with 500fsb even if its with a 6 multi lol

Rattle,
Select 1.80 volts on Southbridge and I can almost guarantee stability. :beer:

guys try this out!
if this turns out to work
ill switch back to my p5b-d...