• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

World's *first* CAS 3 @ DDR2-1000!! (no 56K)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ross has a sig full of WR! Nice ram man. 3-3-2 @ DDR2-800 is well:beer:
I can't see myself spending 450.00 on memory untill I have a job.:bang head My current kit(fatboys) cost 450.00, but that was when I was employed.

LOL, thanks Intel, Corsair, Maxi (DI tube) and my soldering iron :)

No more benches to report yet other than what's been seen because my poor mobo is just at its wits end and I've been busy writing a review of these wonderful sticks. I am going shopping tomorrow, but may not come home with anything...fingers are crossed.

These sticks get better and better as the days go on. I have yet to reach timings as tight as some others @ DDR2-1000 on these, but I did CAS3 first, so there :p The Stilt is now running these same sticks at an amazing DDR2-1000 *3-3-3-1* on a modded BadAxe @ 400FSB :eek: Guess what I am shopping for tomorrow :D

If my mobo is going out, it's going out with a bang (maybe literally). I reinstalled my Vmch mod and bumped up the NB juice .10V to give it a kick in its old butt. If I can't have the tightest timings at DDR2-1000, I can at least have the highest clock (as of today).

ddr1150-4434.png

Very nice stuff. I'm thinking of getting a Bad Axe myself just because I'm tired of wasting my gem 5400UL's in that stupid AOpen. Pair it up with something cheap and junky just to let the memory fly. Intel did something different from other board manufacturers. Stronger drive strengths perhaps.

The closer together the cycles are, the more unstable things become as speed increases and DDR2 speed gets a lot higher than DDR1. Most DDR1 at the higher end of the speed scale (500-600) will only do CAS2.5 or CAS3, so I don't know why you think CAS2 would be possible at 667, let alone 800? Increases in speed can make up for loser timings, but in this case, it's both fast and as tight as has ever been done.

Welcome to the no-CL2 world of DDR2 :)

EDIT: Correcting myself ;) Lack of CAS 2 is not a limitation of DDR2 itself, rather a limitation on the part of the memory controllers.

Last edited:
for cas4 you need at least 1200mhz to beat geil evo series.

at cas 3 yours is the best i've seen, great results

I meant highest clocks on this particular line of sticks if you thought I was talking fastest speed over all. They are DDR2-800 sticks to start with and do DDR2-1080 @ *2.2V* 4-4-3-4...that's impressive.

Are the Evos the ones with the built-in VRMs that can run to 3.0Vddr independent of BIOS settings and have heatpipe sinks? I'd almost hope they'd run higher than DDR2-1200 running up to 3.0V :eek:

Ross said:
I meant highest clocks on this particular line of sticks if you thought I was talking fastest speed over all. They are DDR2-800 sticks to start with and do DDR2-1080 @ *2.2V* 4-4-3-4...that's impressive.

Are the Evos the ones with the built-in VRMs that can run to 3.0Vddr independent of BIOS settings and have heatpipe sinks? I'd almost hope they'd run higher than DDR2-1200 running up to 3.0V :eek:

yes those are geil evo, dont know how high they can go at computex they were showing ddr2 1200 4-4-4-14

Just amazing clocks Ross, that RAM really is the best out there right now. Nice to see OCF get some exclusive extreme results :D. I am excited to see if they pull any higher on the BadAxe.

Metr0 said:
yes those are geil evo, dont know how high they can go at computex they were showing ddr2 1200 4-4-4-14

Those results really mean nothing until they are in the hands of a normal user bought through a retail store. Cherrypicked results are pretty useless IMO and should not be taken at face value.

LOL, yeah, external power can run those up to 3.00V :eek: I've run up to 2.8V on my fatbodies once or twice and thought that was a lot ;) A manufacturer might be begging for trouble providing a built-in means for voltage that high. In any case, 1200 is impressive for a stable speed, if it is in fact stable. Idling in Windows is a lot different than running apps/benches or playing games. I'd like to find out how much juice they are running to get it and if they would pass memory testing there.

In any event, remember those are DDR2-1066 modules, not DDR2-800. The C3s aren't programmed for speed and to be getting DDR2-1150 out of them @ 4-4-3-4 is quite a feat. I haven't given up on getting 1200 out of them anyway. I thought 1100-1120 was the max when I started ;) What makes the C3s so good is they can run that fast and run super tight timings lower...makes them awesome performers no matter which way you run them. I am SO looking forward to trying 1:1 in Conroe system at 400-450FSB with 3-3-3-1 timings :D

Just amazing clocks Ross, that RAM really is the best out there right now. Nice to see OCF get some exclusive extreme results . I am excited to see if they pull any higher on the BadAxe.
Sorry Ad, I missed your post. Yeah, they are crazy. The BadAxe is up and running and I am feeling it out (I like it a lot actually). I need to figure out the "BIOS" hacks to get things squared away on that end, but I am hoping to get everything really moving tonight.

The Premium board was so tired and I didn't realize how tired until very late on Sunday. A couple of months ago the board would do >400FSB on the stock NB sink+fan. A few weeks ago it would struggle to reach 395FSB on the same setup and 400FSB = auto reboot. Late Sunday night I tested to check if high-FSB SPi errors I was getting was because of the mem or the mobo. 370FSB and mem running an underclocked DDR2-550 5-5-5-15 still produced errors. Clearly, it wasn't the mem ;) The NB is pi55sed and that's one reason I ran to get the BadAxe.

One of two things will happen on it: the mem itself will step up some more (almost can't imagine ;)) or I will at least be able to provide some high-FSB benches to go along with the mem speeds I've already posted. Keep an eye on the thread, there's definitely more coming :D

JC, I haven't run anywhere near the Vddr of the fatbodies on these. While I am quite sure they wouldn't exactly blow up, they just don't need the Vddr to run really well. I am pretty blown away at what they do with 2.3V or less. I am still playing around with the new board/Conroe, but the first thing I did was the Vddr mod because the BIOS only goes up to 2.2V on this thing. I am thinking that 3-3-3-1 @ 1000 (I've already seen it done) would be possible with ~2.45V or maybe even higher keeping the 3-4-3-4. Even at 2.3V that I am running right now, it already seems to go higher at the same timings than it did on the Premium (yay for a new board!).

This board also doesn't have all the divider options for mem, the FSB doesn't go in 1FSB increments and the board/proc are new to me so there's curve here and I almost don't know what to play with first :)

There's no way you'll be disappointed with these sticks and I would do the Vddr mod, even to get an extra .10-.15V on it. A little extra goes a long way. If you happen to beat me to say 2.5-2.6V on them, post here and show us your results ;)

Joe!!!

I just switched to 9x400FSB on the E6700 and forgot to change the mem ratio/timings from DDR2-900 :). This just booted to the desktop WITH THESE TIMINGS set in BIOS @ 2.4V :drool: I was just hoping for 3-3-3-1 @ 1000 using the mem tweaker from Windows....I can't believe this booted to the desktop with these setting set in BIOS :eek:

xms_1000-3324.png

If you like that one, check this one out :D

ddr1120-3331.png

Those 4 timings are standard BIOS settings on Intels, AM2 doesn't have tRCD?? There's no tweaker or anything like the A64 thingie?? Dang, DDR2 memory and sounds like not a lot to mess with it yet :(

Back