• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

finished watercooling build (pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

StupidFast900

Registered
just finished my build with just about everything i could think to do. started with a compaq off the shelf machine and continued to upgrade and mod untill i was out of ideas. if anyone has some suggestions or ideas please let me know, money is not really an issue within reason (not gonna spend 2000 on some refigerated case)

computer specs:
amd64 3800+
1 gig of cheap ram
lanparty sli-dr
7800GT
600w mad dog psu
2x 160 gig seagates

watercooling:
dangerden TDX cpu block
thermaltake universal vga block
87 camaro heatercore
eheim water pump
3/8 tubing
1/2 fittings on everything

Attachments

• DSCN0328.JPG
    DSCN0328.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 311
  • DSCN0352.JPG
    DSCN0352.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 237
  • DSCN0351.JPG
    DSCN0351.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 241
  • DSCN0353.JPG
    DSCN0353.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 210
  • DSCN0337.JPG
    DSCN0337.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Sounds like a nice rig!

But, what exactly are you looking for, a new Case or a whole new computer?

just put more pics up, but im not sure if i want a new case or not. this one is running very cool but its PACKED. mainly looking for ideas on things to improve on this build. but if nothing else then ill go with a newer bigger case.
im always looking for a chance to try and make a magazine worthy case.

Oh yeah, :welcome:! Oh, and how the hell did you make your water so red! I was looking to do the exact same thing! Please oh please tell me!

red liquid food coloring with water wetter. didnt mean to put as much but i didnt have a dropper, oh well it achieved the wanted effect.

Hmm, from what I hear the food coloring will gum up your loop.. you might want to look into changing the water out before things get too bad.

ive been running it for about 2 months now and flushed it twice so far, no gumming up, prolly cause of the water wetter. it does however stain the tubes pretty bad

Great job! One question: Do you mind if I ask why your rig says Compaq on the front?

StupidFast900 said:
if there is enough interest i have tons of build pics and ill make a writeup

Ummm... interested here... I'd like to see a beginners build... (or at least a newby on ocf).

Jdrake90

headala said:
Great job! One question: Do you mind if I ask why your rig says Compaq on the front?

it is a compaq comuter, its the compaq x gaming machine with many upgrades. i wanted to build something totaly off the wall while still keeping the compaq logos

By the way, what type of coolant is that? Don't think I've ever seen red coolant before.

To my understanding food coloring is a particulate based dye, and hence that is why it is not recommended for watercooling setups as it can prematurely wear out the pump and clog things up.

Back